Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Welcome newbies!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedHi Prog folks

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hi Prog folks
    Posted: August 30 2005 at 02:05

Hello All,

Came across this site after spending some time on the Vintage Synth Forum and wondering "Is there a Prog Rock Forum?" and doing a Google.

I'm in my late 30's, had a sheltered upbringing and was brought to Prog far too late in life but am doing my best to catch up. I'm a professional organist based (stupidly) in Adelaide, South Australia (the worst place to be interested in Prog - or any intelligent music for that matter).

I've also had a decent parallel career in rock, playing a various bands (including a Genesis tribute band) and currently in a four-piece instrumental group with a guitarist who has had lessons with Bob Fripp.

I also do a lot of my own writing and recording and I'm a veritable Rick Wakeman nut. In fact, my wife and I attended his farewell concert just this weekend in Melbourne and we're still floating - we got to meet him afterwards and all those silly things that fans do. My wife is also a professional muso (pianist/accompanist) who has really been enjoying the intro to Prog through me.

Anyway, that's me in a nutshell - you'll doubtless find out more about me as I submit posts to various topics.

Regards,

MPA

As eyes see young stars assemble
TheProgtologist View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2005 at 02:12
Hi Infidel and welcome to the forum.You seem to be into keyboards and vintage keyboards,have you heard of a band called Wobbler?If you haven't you should really check out their debut album Hinterland.

Infidel View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2005 at 21:01

Thanks for that. Wobbler? No, never heard of them (probably to my shame). Where do they hail from?

MPA

As eyes see young stars assemble
TheProgtologist View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2005 at 22:17
Originally posted by Infidel Infidel wrote:

Thanks for that. Wobbler? No, never heard of them (probably to my shame). Where do they hail from?

MPA

They are Norwegian.Their music is very reminiscent of 70's symphonic prog and is filled with vintage keyboards.Here is the link to them in the archives:

http://www.progarchives.com/Progressive_rock_discography_BAN D.asp?band_id=1698

Sadly there isn't an MP3 sample for them here yet.Here's a link to their official site,where they have 2 demos available for free download,the sound quality of these demos is suprisingly good.

http://www.wobblermusic.com/music/

Edited by TheProgtologist

Jimbo View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2005 at 06:39
Hi Infidel and welcome!
 Post Reply Post Reply