Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Welcome newbies!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedIntroduction

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Introduction
    Posted: November 18 2016 at 15:33
Hey, i'm a user..

..whoa.

I've been into prog for 3 o 4 years now (i'm not so old i guess).
Some of my favourites i'm sure u can guess from my details.
Other examples could be jethro tull, camel, rush, elp, kansas, opeth and many separate songs and albums which i feel like i need to study some more.
In fact i never experienced something like having to study the songs to understand them befor prog.
It feels like i have much to learn yet, it makes me excited.

Also this is my first experience in an english language forum (i've been in many but always in my native language), so yeah, let's have fun!

So long.
doompaul View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2016 at 15:57
Welcome!
Magnum Vaeltaja View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2016 at 16:30
Welcome to progarchives! 
when i was a kid a doller was worth ten dollers - now a doller couldnt even buy you fifty cents
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2016 at 05:21
hah.. better to be a user than an abuser...

nice to be excited about discovering music isn't it and don't worry about this place being English language.. in case you haven't noticed... a large percentage of the users.. and abusers.. are not native speakers.  And many who are speak worse English. So where are you from? 

Welcome to the site.. you did sort of hit the roadkill of prog bands.. just you wait till you discover the really good stuff.
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
Confusion View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2016 at 11:47
Originally posted by micky micky wrote:

nice to be excited about discovering music isn't it and don't worry about this place being English language.. in case you haven't noticed... a large percentage of the users.. and abusers.. are not native speakers.  And many who are speak worse English. So where are you from? 

Welcome to the site.. you did sort of hit the roadkill of prog bands.. just you wait till you discover the really good stuff.

maybe i'm also an abuser Wink
btw i'm from italy, but living in spain atm. i've been listening to italian prog too, seems really relevant but can't help preferring the british (zarathustra by museo rosenbach is among my overall favourites tho).
the "really good stuff" u're referring to i've probably listened to some of it, but it usually take me some time to get used to it and really appreciate it (i'd also really appreciate some example 'bout it :*)

ty all :)
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2016 at 07:18
Originally posted by Confusion Confusion wrote:

Originally posted by micky micky wrote:

maybe i'm also an abuser Wink
btw i'm from italy, but living in spain atm. i've been listening to italian prog too, seems really relevant but can't help preferring the british (zarathustra by museo rosenbach is among my overall favourites tho).
the "really good stuff" u're referring to i've probably listened to some of it, but it usually take me some time to get used to it and really appreciate it (i'd also really appreciate some example 'bout it :*)

ty all :)

funny man...  my wife is Italian and prefers the English stuff herself.  I suppose to her the stuff coming from England at the time was more exotic than the homegrown stuff.

the 'really good stuff'? yeah...  I am of the opinion that the best of prog was often done by the ones less popular.  There is a bit of logic in that.  Even prog fan.. supposedly so elite and openminded still are subject to the herd mentality as well as the bane to musical tastes.. .sentiment.  Many of those English groups? pfff.. sure they were popular back in the day.. and lots of people grew up listening to it...but removed of sentiment.. most simply are not as good IMO as the lesser known stuff.  Lesser known as it did not come from England thus were not as popular, over-exposed, nor as accessable in the days before the internet.

anyhow..  again.. welcome to the site! Thumbs Up
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
 Post Reply Post Reply