FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedHelp with tablets

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help with tablets
    Posted: November 24 2016 at 15:18
I'm thinking about buying a tablet for my classes -I'm a drum teacher- but, as an "analogic" person, I'm out of touch. I need it to read scores/tablatures and watch youtube drum videos from my music stand.

I suppose you'll have these new gadgets for your music studies as well, so could you recommend me some brands and models?

Much appreciated.
www.chusmaestro.com
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2016 at 16:17
 Forget the brands for now because first of all you have to select the OS of your teaching apps: Windows or Android?

Second, in my opinion, is to choose the size, because you'll have to make it readable/ watchable from a certain distance - and this only you can decide according to your teaching method/conditions.

Next, go to a large store where several  models with different OS'es /sizes are on display and test them yourself .

If you end up with more than 1 option, come back to the web and google the models in dispute with the word "Review" - enjoy yourself and if still in doubt ask again, I'll be more than happy to help you then.
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2016 at 16:47
the tablet I have is pretty cool.... needs bigger speakers though...but still cool for playing music at work.. though I suppose that is not what the company was thinking of using it for when they gave me one..LOL

oh.. its  a Samsung Galaxy. Not sure if it is good in comparison to others.  First time having one.
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
Barbu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2016 at 18:48
Yeah, pretty cool but the thing emptied in a blink of an eye and take years to charge.
 Post Reply Post Reply