Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog News, Press Releases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedExivious officially hangs it up.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Exivious officially hangs it up.
    Posted: December 13 2016 at 18:36
Fusion metal band Exivious have announced their official dissolution. No official news release on the band's website as of yet, but a Facebook post on the band's page by guitarist Tymon follows:

Quote Dear friends,
It is with a heavy heart that we’ve decided to end Exivious. I started the band not long after I picked up the guitar and ever since, it has been a major part of my life. Exivious has always evolved with our musical tastes. From the death metal days of our early demos to the jazz-fusion inspired debut album to the post-rock inspired 2nd album, Liminal.
I started a progressive singer/songwriter band called Our Oceans (www.ouroceans.net) with whom we released our debut album at the end of 2015. Taking on the vocal duties in this band changed everything for me; the way I see myself and what I aspire to become as a musician has completely shifted. Singing allows me to express myself in a way that I could never achieve on guitar. Which is why I decided to continue my musical endeavors with Our Oceans and focus all my energy on that band.
Meanwhile, my band mates’ need to play progressive, jazz-fusion inspired music has faded as well. Michel (Nienhuis, guitars) has been working on a 2nd album for his post-black metal band DODECAHEDRON (www.ddchdrn.com), which is going to be released early next year. Robin (Zielhorst, bass) has started a groove metal band Onegodless - The artist formerly known as MOURN (www.onegodlessofficial.com). Their debut album is to be released early next year as well and features Yuma (van Eekelen) on drums.
We debated to change styles and include vocals for Exivious, but that simply didn’t feel right. We’d hate to disappoint or disrespect our fans by not staying true to the essence of what Exivious is. So instead, we’re leaving the past for what it is and we’re happily moving on to our future bands and projects!
We’d like to thank our incredible fans for their love and support. To celebrate our musical journey and to say a final goodbye, we will be doing a handful of farewell shows in 2017.
Tymon
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2016 at 01:41
I enjoyed the album so its a shame really. Had some potential and this is a genre I normally don't take much notice of.
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2016 at 09:55
A shame indeed. Luminal was quite good.
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
 Post Reply Post Reply