Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Recommendations/Featured albums
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Best of Lists, Recommendations, and Pet Peeves...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedBest of Lists, Recommendations, and Pet Peeves...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Best of Lists, Recommendations, and Pet Peeves...
    Posted: January 23 2017 at 06:45
When navigating progarhives,  I often click on "Best or Favorite Lists".   I look for lists that mirror my tastes.    After perusing a list,  which has a few of my favorite albums,  I'll check out albums I haven't heard on list,  surmising, I might also enjoy those albums. 

I'm sure many of you do the same thing, which brings me to my PET PEEVE

I am  turned off by extremely long lists!   I don't even read them.  Why?   My reason is best stated in the last line spoken of this short video...

If everything is super then nothing is super!   That's my pet peeve in a nut shell.

Don't get me wrong.  I'm in awe of the enormous knowledge, contained inside the skulls of many members of Prog Archives.   I know, I don't have to read long lists.  No one is forcing me.  I can skip over them and that's what I do.  Maybe I'm the only member who skips over enormous lists?   Maybe not.   All I'm saying is...

If you contain your list to 20 or less albums,  I will read your list.  Or,   If you number your list from greatest to less great, then I will read your list. 

I figure if you went to all that trouble to create a gargantuan list,  you would want people to pay attention. 

Edited by omphaloskepsis - January 23 2017 at 07:22
 Post Reply Post Reply