Topic ClosedCollaborators' Top Albums of 2016

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2017 at 19:02
^
It is good to see you back, John!  Not that I post much anymore because of all the BS, but I still pop in to read sometimes and missed seeing your reviews. 

Cheers!
Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2017 at 08:38
Originally posted by Mellotron Storm Mellotron Storm wrote:

Yes I'm back! 
6 months of getting this "error 400 bad request" page popping up not allowing me on here. I finally got my old Mac upgraded including the server. He had to wipe the hard drive and start over to make it work but here I am. I saw this list for the first time on Wednesday when I got my computer back from the shop. By the way I could get on other sites but when I googled the error it said it was to do with me having too much data on here. Really? 
Okay here's my top ten, better late I guess than never.
1-David Bowie- Black Star
2-The Pineapple Thief- Your Wilderness
3-SBB-Hofors 1975 Live
4-Katatonia- The Fall Of Hearts
5-EYE- Visions And Ageless Light
6-Wolf People- Ruins
7-La Bocca Della Verita- Avenoth
8-Ingranaggi Della Valle-Warm Spaced Blue
9-Gong- Rejoice! I'm dead!
10-Steven Wilson-4 1/2

Hi John it's been too longHug 
Hope everything's good over there in Canada. I am experiencing summer here in Denmark which is good. Another fine experience has been the return of my left leg. I'd missed it for over a year. Anyway something went snap inside my elvis and whambamthankyoumam let there be light!!! I foresee a walking spree coming up. Oh how I've missed walking...normally. I sorta lost my mojo there for a bit walking like something out of Monty Python's ministry of silly walks. Funny how one (at least men I find) try to work around the thing that's hurting instead of seeing a doctorErmm I learned my lesson though. Never work around - feel the painLOL
Yup my physical therapist says that I have to do all the things I've been trying to avoid for years or at the very least my body has avoided - somehow without me picking up on it. Feels so odd to unlearn certain movement patterns one develops over time. 
Oh well now I just need the final few pops to happen in my upper spine and I'll be a happy bunny ready for unharnessed movement this summer. Hopefully. I will be attending an electronic festival in August and I hope to bring my dancing shoes. If not I'll probably just hang out at the philosophical cheese stand. REALLY looking forward to that. The only thing I know about it is the name. I hope it's folks discussing the virtues of Nietzsche and gorgonzola and how best to combine the two.

Take care of yourself there John - listen to some psychedelic music and take to the woods - fondle up a willing bear - you know feeeeel the summer coming on.

Cheerio my friend.
Your's truly
Mr Miyagi von Bülow

Edited by Guldbamsen - June 17 2017 at 08:39
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
Mellotron Storm View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2017 at 18:49
Originally posted by Finnforest Finnforest wrote:

^
It is good to see you back, John!  Not that I post much anymore because of all the BS, but I still pop in to read sometimes and missed seeing your reviews. 

Cheers!

Thanks Jim I missed you guys.Hug The worst winter of my life didn't help either, but that's far in the past now.
"The wind is slowly tearing her apart"

"Sad Rain" ANEKDOTEN
Mellotron Storm View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2017 at 18:54
Originally posted by Guldbamsen Guldbamsen wrote:

Yes I'm back! 
6 months of getting this "error 400 bad request" page popping up not allowing me on here. I finally got my old Mac upgraded including the server. He had to wipe the hard drive and start over to make it work but here I am. I saw this list for the first time on Wednesday when I got my computer back from the shop. By the way I could get on other sites but when I googled the error it said it was to do with me having too much data on here. Really? 
3-SBB-Hofors 1975 Live
6-Wolf People- Ruins
10-Steven Wilson-4 1/2

Hope everything's good over there in Canada. I am experiencing summer here in Denmark which is good. Another fine experience has been the return of my left leg. I'd missed it for over a year. Anyway something went snap inside my elvis and whambamthankyoumam let there be light!!! I foresee a walking spree coming up. Oh how I've missed walking...normally. I sorta lost my mojo there for a bit walking like something out of Monty Python's ministry of silly walks. Funny how one (at least men I find) try to work around the thing that's hurting instead of seeing a doctorErmm I learned my lesson though. Never work around - feel the painLOL
Yup my physical therapist says that I have to do all the things I've been trying to avoid for years or at the very least my body has avoided - somehow without me picking up on it. Feels so odd to unlearn certain movement patterns one develops over time. 
Oh well now I just need the final few pops to happen in my upper spine and I'll be a happy bunny ready for unharnessed movement this summer. Hopefully. I will be attending an electronic festival in August and I hope to bring my dancing shoes. If not I'll probably just hang out at the philosophical cheese stand. REALLY looking forward to that. The only thing I know about it is the name. I hope it's folks discussing the virtues of Nietzsche and gorgonzola and how best to combine the two.

Take care of yourself there John - listen to some psychedelic music and take to the woods - fondle up a willing bear - you know feeeeel the summer coming on.

Cheerio my friend.
Your's truly
Mr Miyagi von Bülow

Bamsen! I'm glad you found your left leg, they do tend to wander. 
Listened to Fifty Foot Hose all last week how's that. And Ultimate Spinach a few weeks ago.
It just feels good to get back on here and to have a fully working computer. 

"The wind is slowly tearing her apart"

"Sad Rain" ANEKDOTEN
Finnforest View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2017 at 18:51

Originally posted by Finnforest Finnforest wrote:

^

Cheers!

Thanks Jim I missed you guys.Hug The worst winter of my life didn't help either, but that's far in the past now.

Damn, captchad again. 
Anyhoo, sorry to hear about the bad winter....I've had better times myself.  But so far I"m still getting up in the morning!  Feel free to message or email if you ever need someone to chat with.
Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2017 at 02:44

Originally posted by Guldbamsen Guldbamsen wrote:

Yes I'm back! 
3-SBB-Hofors 1975 Live
6-Wolf People- Ruins
10-Steven Wilson-4 1/2

Cheerio my friend.
Your's truly
Mr Miyagi von Bülow

Bamsen! I'm glad you found your left leg, they do tend to wander. 
Listened to Fifty Foot Hose all last week how's that. And Ultimate Spinach a few weeks ago.
It just feels good to get back on here and to have a fully working computer. 

That is some saucy music right there I'll give you that. Maybe try some West, Space & Love next time? Last year's release made me think of Älgarnas Trägård, early Tangerine Dream and Floyd teaming up as well as a bit of Cluster and Gong here and there. I thought of you several times the last time I span it thinking 'I bet this sounds amazing on a Canadian stereo!'.

Worst winter ever? I know that feeling my friend. Well it is thankfully gone and now is most definitely the time to air your speedos and general musky scent down on that beach of your's. Women love men in speedos - especially those of us who can whistle keyboard solos without the need of a beat.
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234