Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Music Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedProgressive Literature

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2017 at 10:17
Oh, I think inspiration doesn't exist. It's just story or excuse to laziness.
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2017 at 11:54
Originally posted by Fernandes Vargens Fernandes Vargens wrote:

Hi guys; I'm a writer, and for a long time I've been studying, since I was eleven, musical theory, besides play seven instruments - so that's how I've got into this world of prog rock. But, wondering and daydreaming with myself, while readying James Joyce, Virginia Woolf, etc, I could realized that these guys were very important to literature, according to innovation.
Even so, if we look at the prog rock conceptions, we see it's a complex kinda of art, which has not borders.
My question is, how could be prog rock conception converted to literature? Long books? Complex vocabulary? Irony? haha. I'm looking for techniques.

(english is not my first language; so, forgive me any mistake) 

Thanks.

irony?... hmmm

techniques?   More dope man!!!! Not that I'm condoning drugs of course. LOL But drop some LSD.. Acid... eat some SHROOMS!!!!! hell do a Pacino on a bag of coke. It works...

are you an artist or what.....that is a silly question man....LOL

alter thy reality and find all the inspiration and technique you might want!!Thumbs Up
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
omphaloskepsis View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2017 at 21:13
Originally posted by Fernandes Vargens Fernandes Vargens wrote:

Oh, I think inspiration doesn't exist. It's just story or excuse to laziness.

I respectfully disagree.  I will give one example of artistic inspiration.  There are many more. 

At first glance a muse (inspiration) may sound like a nebulous abstraction, but once you realize a muse is a model that an artist ponders over deeply in time and space,  thus electrifying the artist into phases of creation. Now for a real life example...

An ex spouse and divorce can consume an artist's mind for months on end.  Ian Anderson went through a painful divorce which in turn inspired his "Minstrel in the Gallery" album.  Although the divorce was excruciating for Ian Anderson,  the end result of Minstrel in the Gallery is nothing short of breath taking and beautiful.  

I agree that lack of inspiration has been used as an excuse millions of times, however inspiration has been wielded by countless artists to awe, confound, mesmerize, and in turn inspire us.

If I were you I'd take Micky's advice and drop acid. 

Edited by omphaloskepsis - March 12 2017 at 21:16
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12