Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog News, Press Releases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closednew steven wilson song

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2017 at 12:49
I've liked the first three releases from the new disc with my favorite probably being Song of I. This most recent release - well, let's just say its not my cup of tea...
He neither drank, smoked, nor rode a bicycle. Living frugally, saving his money, he died early, surrounded by greedy relatives. It was a great lesson to me -- John Barrymore
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2017 at 14:48
Originally posted by Meltdowner Meltdowner wrote:

I had no problem with his Pop stuff with Porcupine Tree but I find impossible to connect with his new music. Honestly, it's not difficult to imagine Katy Perry singing this instead. I feel bad for Craig Blundell having to play the same beat from beginning to end, such a waste of great talent.

Blundell is a master of techno-beat-drums, he wins all those techno drum battles, he likes EM so I bet he was happy to play this stuff.
Katy is super eye candy so I would be fine with SW using her on his album.......Smile
Dellinger View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2017 at 20:59
Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

Originally posted by Meltdowner Meltdowner wrote:

I had no problem with his Pop stuff with Porcupine Tree but I find impossible to connect with his new music. Honestly, it's not difficult to imagine Katy Perry singing this instead. I feel bad for Craig Blundell having to play the same beat from beginning to end, such a waste of great talent.

Blundell is a master of techno-beat-drums, he wins all those techno drum battles, he likes EM so I bet he was happy to play this stuff.
Katy is super eye candy so I would be fine with SW using her on his album.......Smile

Yeah, Katy Perry may be eye candy, but that wouldn't matter in the album anyway... she doesn't sing bad either, but Ninet is just perfect. Now, if he got Katy to sing with him in a concert, then that would help more on the eye candy side of things. However, once a collegue at work said he had to take his daughters to see Katy Perry... and even though he's more of a classic rock / metal guy, he wasn't all that annoyed because at least she was hot... still I said if you apreciate the looks, then at least one might go and see an Epica concert.
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2017 at 02:06
As an aside, I think Katy Perry is mediocre looking. In all honesty, don't laugh, but Lady Gaga turns me on.......
And, I haven't (yet) heard anything particularly 'weak' from Wilson. Opinions are prone to change though (on Wilson, not Gaga - watching her sing Moth Into Flame with Metallica got me excited......)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123