9 [15.00%]
7 [11.67%]
8 [13.33%]
8 [13.33%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mormegil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2017 at 08:59
I only know Space Shanty from this list :-(
So it gets the vote.
Welcome to the middle of the film.
miamiscot View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miamiscot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2017 at 09:13
Wow. I actually own all of these!!!

And I love them all.

Island by a whisker.
Barbu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2017 at 18:53
hmmmm Comus
Lewian View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lewian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2017 at 19:13
Love Anabelas.
Progmind View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Progmind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2017 at 13:43
arggggggggggggggg  tough to pick only one, voted Bubu.
stewe View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stewe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2017 at 21:10
Tie between Khan and Yezda, both masterpieces for me... voted for Yezda. I do not know Quiet Sun and Islands though.

<a href="http://steveer.ic.cz" rel="nofollow"
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2017 at 13:41
While I have all of these in my collection, I certainly don't return to all of these albums an equal amount. I haven't returned to Boris and Depois do Fim in quite a few years (I still like both, but they are sort of artifacts of when I first really got into exploring Prog and my tastes shifted somewhat).   And I can't listen to Space Shanty anymore, simply because it was the album I was most obsessed with during a very difficult time and it makes me unbearably sad whenever I hear it.

If I were to choose two absolute favourites, they would be Anabelas and First Utterance, and I voted for the latter (though I prefer Song to Comus, which includes it).

All very good albums, I think.

{EDITED particularly for poor phrasing}

Edited by Logan - May 29 2017 at 15:34
Just a fanboy passin' through.
stewe View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stewe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2017 at 02:32
Originally posted by Logan Logan wrote:

And I can't listen to Space Shanty anymore, simply because it was the album I was most obsessed with during a very difficult time and it makes me unbearably sad whenever I hear it.

Quite an irony, I discovered (and became quite obsessed with) Space Shanty during my happiest of times, which makes me almost "unbearably" nostalgic about those times, so I also do not listen to it often too:) These are real music gems, in my opinion, great not only for their musicianship and compositions, but powerful regarding our emotions, memories, sometimes even keeping us a little frightened because of that. Music for special occasions.

<a href="http://steveer.ic.cz" rel="nofollow"
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr wu23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2017 at 16:11
Hmmm....I need to listen to Island and Bacamarte to see what I';m missing.

One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin
socrates17 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote socrates17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2017 at 13:48
Tough.  That's a great list.  I love Ys.  I love Space Shanty.  I love Anabelas.  I've been meaning to buy the Comus because I've heard great things about it.  But the Quiet Sun is just SO extraordinary that I had to vote for that.
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2017 at 13:52
Urfa, but Quiet Sun is tremendous ~

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
Frenetic Zetetic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frenetic Zetetic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2018 at 17:25
Space Shanty

"I am so prog, I listen to concept albums on shuffle." -KMac2021
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2018 at 01:00
Khan - Space Shanty
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12