Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedGYBE Side Projects

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: GYBE Side Projects
    Posted: June 16 2017 at 09:26
I find myself a bit disoriented when looking up the several Godspeed You! Black Emperor side projects. I really love A Silver Mt. Zion (led by Menuck). I know there's Fly Pan Am (led by Tellier-Craig). From what I've seen, most of GYBE's side projects record at Hotel2Tango under the Constellation Records label. Anyone can provide a complete list of all the Godspeed side projects/bands affiliated to Constellation Records/bands recording at Hotel2Tango? I just looked up a few Fly Pan Am reviews here and the consensus seems pretty negative. Should I skip any even if I'm a huge fan?
"Larks' tongues. Wrens' livers. Chaffinch brains. Jaguars' earlobes. Wolf nipple chips. Get 'em while they're hot. They're lovely. Dromedary pretzels, only half a denar."
ClemofNazareth View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Prog Folk Researcher

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2017 at 11:36
Set Fire to Flames
Hrsta
1 Speed Bike
Diebold
Land of Kush
Et Sans
A Silver Mt Zion
Molasses
Esmerine
Valley of the Giants

A lot of those are side projects of Sophie Trudeau or Thierry Amar.  A Silver Mt Zion is pretty solid, Esmerine is interesting but the only real connection is their drummer.  I personally found Set Fire to Flames to be almost unlistenable but their back story is worth looking up.  Don't know much about the rest.

"Peace is the only battle worth waging."

Albert Camus
 Post Reply Post Reply