Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedDamanek - New Band submission

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2017 at 05:28
Have we got enough now to create the Band Entry?
aapatsos View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2017 at 12:46
Sent to the Crossover team to take care of it
Evolver View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover & JR/F/Canterbury Teams

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2017 at 16:53
I've added it to the Crossover chart, and I approve.

Trust me. I know what I'm doing.
GuyM View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2017 at 05:29
Hi, any update on the Bands Submission?
Would be nice to get the page up so we can hopefully get some feedback
Please let me know
Cheers
Guy

yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2017 at 07:52
So far only Scott has voted, and there are three other Crossover team members who need to vote before Damanek can be approved, and subsequently added. You can follow your evaluation here: http://progfreak.com/Damanek-169021.html?path=pa/recent. The chart will fill up as more votes are cast, and will also show when you have been 'cleared' and finally 'added'. I can't imagine there being any other outcome, but it might take a little while longer yet to complete the process.
GuyM View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2017 at 08:04
Thanks...did  not know how the process worked...I will be patient :)
GuyM View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2017 at 00:46
Just letting you know I am writing DAMANEK #2 now, it would be nice to get the band inducted before that comes out :)
Ta
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2017 at 07:20
The three 'yes' votes you have now just might be enough. Normally a band or artist can't be cleared in Crossover until all four members have voted (just in case the fourth vote is a 'no', which would normally result in a rejection), but the fourth member of the team currently has some pressing real life matters to take care of, and hasn't logged in to progfreak for about two months. The team is thus effectively operating as a three man unit at the moment, and so just might clear you based on the votes that they have now...but we have to wait to hear that from the horse's mouth, of course. Embarrassed
GuyM View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2017 at 07:21
Ok...np...thanks for the update!
GuyM View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2017 at 01:33
any more progress?
someone_else View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2017 at 03:07
Cleared for addition 3 days ago.
GuyM View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2017 at 03:16
Excellent news
GuyM View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2017 at 01:54
DAMANEK Is now live - thanks very much!!

Here are what other reviewers have said:

"The level of ambition might make On Track unfocused and overblown. However, Damanek are too skilled to let that happen...this album is rich, disciplined and damn catchy. Rather than being depressing. its handling of dark themes makes it a stirring call to arms" PROG magazine 

"this is a really exciting and progressive album, and one that is not afraid to experiment. I think it represents an innovative step forward for the genre." ECLIPSED magazine 

"On Track is a highly satisfying album that has a number of outstanding qualities....it unpretentiously contains a number of finely crafted tunes that are accessible, yet are able to hold and maintain a listener's attention. These are sung with genuine passion and played with much skill and panache...I therefore, have no hesitation in recommending this very enjoyable release" DPRP 

"This is really great stuff! Enjoyable from start to finish, this is an easy recommendation to old and new fans alike" Jerry Lucky 

"With music/lyrics written by Guy manning channeled through Timms' masterful production sense, the band breathes unhurried spaciousness into 'ON TRACK' with gorgeous melodic themes and swirling instrumental crosscurrents folding ethnic and jazz motifs into predominant symphonic rock arrangementsProgression Magazine 

"I absolutely love the way this album flows in its understated way, the musicianship peerless throughout. The sequencing of the tracks is spot on and Manning's vision as composer, performer and lyricist has never been more perceptive. This is right up there as one of the top ten albums of the year contenders" Background Magazine 

"I have listened to it for a few weeks now and at every spin it just grows and grows on you...so dear friends, no time to waste, go buy this little masterpiece, I promise you won't be disappointed" ProgPlanet 

"Guy Manning has as progressive singer-songwriter with a love for narrative lyrics, released a lot of solo albums. Yet his name is not familiar to everyone. With Damarek, for which he wrote all the music and lyrics, he is on track for a promising career expansion" IO Pages 

"The music is tight and full of the quality you would expect from the players, but no one dominates in this and it feels like a complete piece of work...it bears playing and playing again" ProgRadar 

"I loved this record, without pretention, without artificially complexifying its purpose, has succeeded in giving a youthful stroke to the neo-progressive. The mix jazz / aor / prog is a total success and allows to discover musicians who were already known in other bands and styles. Only half of the songs written by the band are on this <On Track>, so we'regoing to have a new band on track. Next album please!" Koid9 Magazine 

"Dark Sun...forms a worthy conclusion for 'on Track'...only rarely has one experienced such a skill, which can unfold itself fully, but never lose sight of the song, just as rarely one has experienced jazz so beautifully" NeckBreaker 

"The call to arms comes in many guises. None, I suspect, have come with such sublime clarity of vision or such chilling emotional discernment than the passionately crafted debut album On Track from Damanek....On Track is, to my mind at least, possibly one of the most gracefully compelling protest albums of the 21st Century so far. Music matches mood, which in turn matches location, which in turn resonates with the sounds and rhythms best suited to the lyrical content of each song. It is a complex and spellbinding set of combinations which unassumingly delivers a provocative, sensitive and timely message for our time. We need to turn things around. We have to get back on track." The Progressive Aspect

"If we know how to take this record for what it is, a sincere and generous pop-prog manifesto, with consistent solos, we have the assurance of having with On Track an album that will be listened to with delight." Big Bang Magazine

"
Damanek is like a meeting of the minds.  When I saw the line up, I was absolutely floored.....This music is as classy and sophisticated as you will probably hear this year....Overall, Damanek’s debut is a complete success.  “On Track” is a refined trip down satire lane that I’ve really come to appreciate.  The list of performers is definitely impressive, but it is Guy’s writing skills that shine the most.  This is one debut that prog rock fans will love to devour." PROG MIND 

"On Track" is a warm and sympathetic album and the lyrics have a look that you want to embrace. There are numbers beyond dealing with social and economic issues with integrity that are usually related to mother earth and its inhabitants, but there is also room for a children's story speaking to the imagination" ProgWereld 

"Damanek is a new example of an excellent debut album that, far from confining itself to a neo-progressive pop-tinted, explores many territories, giving it a special colouring." WAVES 

"On Track consists of eight songs from sophisticated arrangements and full of charm that combine perfectly, an impressive technical ability with immortal hooks melodic in successive and different sonic landscapes." Via Nocturna 

"Beautifully packaged, well produced music second to none. Press the button on this one guys, it’s a must have!" The ProgMeister

"...the album is a real treat and will appeal to many by its delicacy, its artistic message and its musicality....do not be shy and buy without hesitation." Profil 

"Listen to the whole CD really great, which makes the group Damanek shows the whole world that times are mature and intelligent, played prog rock for discerning listeners not gone into oblivion" MLWZ 

"Guy Manning holds nothing back on this release and the band assembled musicians is top-notch" Prog 

Edited by GuyM - September 20 2017 at 05:55
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12