Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > Music and Musicians Exchange
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWind synths

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wind synths
    Posted: July 26 2017 at 05:15
After a 30 year hiatus (for which an operation is available) of "not having a wind synth", I find myself miraculously cured, having found a 1987 Yamaha WX7 on eBay. 

I used to have the later WX11 many, many years ago - 1990, I think. Anyway, the WX7 is in the post. Should be fun. Most people try to make wind synths sound like saxes... what's the point ? 

I'm going to connect mine to my modular synth, an 800w amp and sonically destroy .... well, everything in a 500 yard radius, if I can. 

I'm not sure if this has been done before and I get the impression that it might actually be illegal. :-)

Davesax1965 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2017 at 05:26
Other thing I'm doing is sticking an expression pedal in there to control filters on the modular. So. Blow down wind synth, jiggle fingers around, stomp on expression pedal like demented fool, great sonic weirdness ensues. Dave carted off to asylum for musicians who have gone Bull Goose Loony, equipment impounded etc etc. 

Apparently, second place for me. There's a gentleman called John Biddulph who plays a modular synth with a wind controller. That seems to be it for the UK !!!

Edited by Davesax1965 - July 26 2017 at 06:23

Davesax1965 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2017 at 01:14
After a bit of work to get the wind synth working properly (1980's technology) here's a quick clip of it connected to a modern string synthesizer - a Waldorf Streichfett. 

https://soundcloud.com/brotherhoodofthemachine/wind-synth

Post Reply Post Reply