Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedMutiny In Jonestown's 30th (cf WytchCrypt)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mutiny In Jonestown's 30th (cf WytchCrypt)
    Posted: July 28 2017 at 06:01
A guy who enjoys bands I enjoy, whose posts / web pages showed personality traits I value, and has for decades built up a yet to become famous repertoire on his own I wouldn't miss any substantial opportunity to spread links and words to / on his creations !

WytchCrypt provided the first trigger. Other opportunities followed but now today is very special because it's 

PartyStar***Mutiny In Jonestown 's 30TH BIRTHDAY !*** Beer Clap

What on earth could have ever happened precisely back on July 28th of 1987 ? Here's Dennis' answer.

By July 1987 I had released 6 albums where I played all the instruments myself under other band names but they were all very specific projects with specific recording technology and instruments that weren't the highest quality.  They weren't necessarily great albums, but were all important learning experiences where I was developing my skills as a musician, songwriter/lyricist and producer.  By the summer of 1987 I'd graduated from college and gotten my 1st job as a computer programmer, had completely retooled my home studio to be MIDI integrated, brought in a group of high quality instruments and a new 4 track recording desk, and soundproofed the studio.  It was time for a new start so decided it was time for a new band name and a new concept.

I'd narrowed the names down to about 5 finalists, and the morning of 7/28/87 I was sitting at work and made the final decision that my new band would be called Mutiny in Jonestown.  Little did I know I'd still be releasing MIJ albums 30 years later LOL

Little did we know either !! There's so much related to those words: "MIDI integrated home studio". What we see is only a tiny part of all that goes in and around those unlimited sources of joy that are instrum and tech dens, lairs... Crypts...

Hug Long life to you and your projects Dennis ! After your telling about recording several times very long pieces layer after layer on your own, I wonder what could stop the amazing creative process when the Muses are around your place anyway !

Yours now ready to listen to https://soundcloud.com/dennis-m-366105599/sets/the-daemons-mock-me-while-i,

Jean-Marie

Edited by jayem - July 29 2017 at 10:59
The.Crimson.King View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2017 at 12:04
Thanks Jean-Marie for announcing my new release and helping me celebrate Mutiny in Jonestown's 30th Birthday!  I'd invite anyone else who wants to join in to have a listen on the SoundCloud link you provided above Wink

For anyone that's curious, Mutiny in Jonestown is currently under evaluation for the PA database by the Neo-Prog team Big smile

Edited by The.Crimson.King - July 28 2017 at 13:56
jayem View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2017 at 06:22
Here's really great moments there : 

How the sung parts move to mellotron sequences in "Dagon" at 2'01 and then at 3'19 – moving from 6/8 to  4/4 measures creates an amazing feeling similar to being in a plane about to land in a lush area. 

Also what the Astrophobos melodic pattern becomes at 6'32 (how the piece gets back to that sequence) ;

Then in Polaris what the guitar duo becomes at 10'35
jayem View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2017 at 18:04
Up to four catchy songs, melodies or sequences in one album (the ones that play in your head even when you don't listen) means a whole lot of gems... Here's the link to the whole discography !

https://wytchcrypt.wixsite.com/mutiny-in-jonestown/blank-mpvle
 Post Reply Post Reply