Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedGwendal

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gwendal
    Posted: August 01 2017 at 04:48
Hi proggies and admins,

As I notice today that there's a "Prog Folk" section on the site, I was wondering if you would consider adding Gwendal to the family. Gwendal is a French band formed in the early 70s in Paris with the initial purpose of playing traditional "celtic" music, mainly from Ireland and Brittany, which was very much in fashion in France at the time (French leaders of the movement were the very famous and popular Tri Yann). But Gwendal soon started to include jazzy (or more accurately jazz-rock) elements, fast tempos and solos, while putting together traditional instruments (fiddle, pipes, bombard) and a jazz-rock base of drums, bass and electric guitar, which makes them rather unique and interesting. On their later albums they included more and more compositions, some of a respectable duration for us prog fans, other shorter and punchier. They always remained a strictly instrumental band. The band still exist after a lot of personnel changes, but they had only released 2 albums after 1989 (but a live album went out last year). You can find plenty of Gwendal on your favourite video website, so I'm not including any link.

Thanks for considering my proposition.

Kaelka (jolie fleur de sommet)
 Post Reply Post Reply