Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Recommendations/Featured albums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedHogarth-era Marillion Playlist

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2018 at 23:08
Originally posted by Squonk19 Squonk19 wrote:

Back in September I posted this and thought it was appropriate to bring it back one more time to say thank you all for advice and ideas all those months ago. I saw Hogarth-led Marillion tonight and thoroughly enjoyed it! I probably would have enjoyed it without your playlists, but not as much, I imagine. Hogarth's vocal style and the band's more ensemble approach since Fish left has steadily grown on me and many of your choices are now firm favourites on my playlists. With the last album, F.E.A.R., one of my most played albums (along with Brave, Marbles etc.) it was perfect preparation for tonight.

The set list was El Dorado (gooooold!), Power, Quartz, The Party, Seasons End, Living in FEAR, Out of This World, The Leavers (great!), Goodbye to All That (Wave & Mad), Afraid of Sunlight and the Great Escape. The encore was set to be Easter, but a guy in the crowd dared the band to play Garden Party....and they played a great version (although a double-edged sword, as I would have loved to have seen Easter live! C'est la vie! )

So thanks again folks for your prog expertise!

glad you enjoyed. They are so damned good live.
Enhance your life. Get down to www.lazland.org
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12