Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Welcome newbies!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedHello Everyone

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hello Everyone
    Posted: January 27 2018 at 09:18
Thx here. (pronounced "Thcks.")

Out on the internet looking for the definition of "Nous Sommes du Soleil" and came across this site.

I have been a lover of progressive music since the mid-1970s, about the same time I started playing guitar.

My favorite groups are Yes, Jethro Tull, ELP, Rush, those are my main players and in no specific order.

And it seemed to be getting better and better until they all pretty much changed around 1980.

They either broke up or burned out.

Some like to say a group "went commercial," well that's just a polite way of saying they ran out of material.

Nothing lasts forever and I can't think of one group or artist where this is not the case.

I don't consider "rap" actual music, music has to have melody, speed metal isn't much better, there's just not enough intervallic bandwidth there to work with.

So I am sticking with my prog rock from the best era and that's plenty enough for anyone, I wouldn't trade one Jetro Tull song for all the rap and speed metal ever made.

Favorite albums:

Stormwatch by Tull.

Relayer for Yes.

Brain Salad Surgery for ELP

A Farewell to Kings for Rush.

And those are the very pinnacle albums of each for me, I like just about all the albums by these groups.

I'd add a lot more, but there isn't room in this starter and plenty of time for the others, lol.

Nice to be here and I don't know why I didn't think of a progressive music site in the first place!

Thx :)

Edited by Thx - January 27 2018 at 09:19
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2018 at 09:33
Originally posted by Thx Thx wrote:

Out on the internet looking for the definition of "Nous Sommes du Soleil" and came across this site.

LOL  I found the site when I googled geeky non-sexed lonely young men....
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2018 at 02:10
Welcome -
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
 Post Reply Post Reply