Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Explain Your Avatar

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 91011
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zappastolethetowels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2024 at 17:39
uhhhh... auto-generated by PA Disapprove
TenYearsAfter View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TenYearsAfter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2024 at 17:42
How would progressive rock sound without the Mellotron ....
Zappastolethetowels View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zappastolethetowels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2024 at 17:56
^^ so bitchin' but not completely!
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2024 at 23:08
Mine often change/ rotate, and recently I was in the mood for In the Mood for Love (one of my favourite films I've seen in the cinema on initial release).

Hrychu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hrychu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2024 at 00:03
RIP Cristi's old pfp. 😥
Bez pierdolenia sygnał zerwie, to w realia wychodź w hełmie!
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2024 at 00:05
Originally posted by Hrychu Hrychu wrote:

RIP Cristi's old pfp. 😥

You want my cat back?! I just wanted a change. Embarrassed
Hrychu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hrychu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2024 at 00:08
Honestly, that Beatles pastiche you have currently is better. But the sheer fact you changed your avatar after I dunno how may years, just felt so off! :D
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2024 at 00:11

Honestly, that Beatles pastiche you have currently is better. But the sheer fact you changed your avatar after I dunno how may years, just felt so off! :D

I'll try to have a recent photo of the cat, she's old now. Tongue But the photos for avatars need to have a certain size, so I'll see what can be done about that. Smile
Hrychu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hrychu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2024 at 00:13
Okay. Just make sure she's lying on your laptop in the exact same position. :D
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2024 at 00:14

Okay. Just make sure she's lying on your laptop in the exact same position. :D

LOL
That would be awesome, but she's the cat equivalent of a fussy old lady. LOL
Hrychu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hrychu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2024 at 00:23
I see. Don't bother then. Have some respect for the elderly pet. xd OK. Finally an excuse to share this meme that made me go "Aaaaahhh!!! 😱" and "Dawwww.... 😊" at the same time:
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2024 at 00:26
LOL
Frets N Worries View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frets N Worries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2024 at 07:08
Got this cool AI generated picture of a Pegasus, will use as an album cover 

Edited by Frets N Worries - March 08 2024 at 07:09
Cause its only knock and know all, but I like it...

Writing (Or Suffering from Writers Block)

Working on a New Album|Bandcamp
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2024 at 10:59
Hi,

Mine is simple. 

I'm not a fan of graven images, and any symbology I carry has no connection to anything, thus, KINDA explaining my liking stuff that is esoteric and way out there in another planet or universe. 

The LIGHT is my only source, and the candle was as close as I could get to it, I guess.
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2024 at 17:44
As someone with an interest in cults and the occult, I'm something of a fanatic for graven images. Well, maybe not a fanatic.

I changed my avatar back to The Wicker Man some days ago which is a 1973 folk horror film about a pagan cult. In that image, the pagan leader, Lord Summerisle (played by Christopher Lee) raises his arms with conviction near the wicker man.
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2024 at 09:14
Originally posted by Logan Logan wrote:

As someone with an interest in cults and the occult, I'm something of a fanatic for graven images....

Hi,

I stopped looking at "graven images" some 50 years ago after reading a few things. One of them was "Holy Blood, Holy Grail" and how the church manipulated its "teachings" for almost 2000 years now, by subverting the original stories (what horrible news those stories made almost 300 years later!!!!) into imaginary ideas that were not even "Christian" in the first place.

Since then, systematically, I have dismantled everything that requires, relates, to images, to the point that a screenplay I wrote was once read by a well known Portuguese Literature professor in Italy, and her only comment was ... why do I use "personal symbols" instead of "universal symbols" ... and that was what pretty much told me, that folks were into getting TOLD, what it was all about, and you and I had no chance to learn from it whatsoever, or even interpret them differently ... and that is quite evident here in many spots for my tastes ... specially when so much of it is related to rock music, and occasionally some films ... and I won't say "The Wicker Man" is a bad film, but it is downright malicious, although it is difficult for us not to think that a cult is not, and the "civilized" society wants to cramp it down. I see something similar (probably without the sacrifice) in the way that some indigenous civilizations are wiped out in South America and in Africa ... all for ... 

This is the case for my rock and film tastes ... hard for me to discern a "favorite" since there is so much of it out there, and some things are just ... far out ... and ignored. Here, in Portland, the Film Festival ignored "Island on Bird Street" that I reviewed and asked that they remove it from the "Children's Film" area, because it was not a child film, specially with its length that would likely bore many kids! To my surprise, there were two International Film Festivals that picked up my review and used it which humbled me a lot ... I'm proud of having stood up for something that was valuable ... just sad that so many folks "in charge" were clueless to what was valuable and what was just litter and advertising ... and by that time the Spanish director (Almodovar) was no longer the toast of the town for the rich and famous here to have a drink with!
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2024 at 17:12
Originally posted by Logan Logan wrote:

As someone with an interest in cults and the occult, I'm something of a fanatic for graven images. Well, maybe not a fanatic.

I changed my avatar back to The Wicker Man some days ago which is a 1973 folk horror film about a pagan cult. In that image, the pagan leader, Lord Summerisle (played by Christopher Lee) raises his arms with conviction near the wicker man.

Probably my favourite British horror film and a cut above most of the 1960 and 1970's hammy horror films that also starred Christopher Lee. It was actually quite sucessful back in the day so hopefully most people are well aware of it's existence. I watched it on my little tv in the bedroom when I was probably about 16 and the ending was a genuine shock!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 91011