Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWho is The Psychedelic Ensemble?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Who is The Psychedelic Ensemble?
    Posted: February 19 2018 at 12:57
The albums released by The Psychedelic Ensemble were done with anonymity. The composer didn't want anyone to know his real identity.  A few years ago, I scoured his interviews to obtain clues, and discovered (with 99% certainty) that the composer was Craig P. First.  I can post my analysis later if anyone cares to see it.

Just today, I was doing some more googling on The Psychedelic Ensemble, and found some references on Deezer.com that substantiate this claim:

Google Search Text:  site:www.deezer.com "Craig First"
The Psychedelic Ensemble - Listen on Deezer | Music Streaming
www.deezer.com/artist/519664
03. The Siren's Spell • The Psychedelic Ensemble • The Sunstone. 04:17. 01. Prologue / Ecstasy • The Psychedelic Ensemble • The Art of Madness. 05:31. Writer: Craig First / Composers: Craig First / Other contributors: D.R ...

The Psychedelic Ensemble: The Art of Madness - Music ... - Deezer
www.deezer.com/album/596915
Jun 14, 2010 - Writer: Craig First / Composers: Craig First / Other contributors: D.R. 02. Panic • The Psychedelic Ensemble • The Art of Madness. 03:05. Writer: Craig First / Composers: Craig First / Other contributors: D.R. 03. Fantasy • The Psychedelic Ensemble • The Art of Madness. 04:22. Writer: Craig First / Composers: ...

The same thing (but with slightly different snippets) is returned by a Bing search.

Also, there have been a series of videos (sound tracks only) posted on YouTube which shows the composer as Craig First in the credits:
The Psychedelic Ensemble - Topic
Published on Nov 8, 2014
Provided to YouTube by Believe SAS

Despair · The Psychedelic Ensemble

The Art of Madness

℗ The Psychedelic Ensemble

Released on: 2010-06-14

Author: Craig  First
Composer: Craig  First

Music Publisher: D.R
The videos were posted by "Believe SAS".  Believe SAS distributes digital music for independent labels and artists worldwide. The company offers a range of digital music, video streaming, and mobile services, as well as video distribution services. Believe SAS was founded in 2004 and is based in Paris, France.  Deezer.com is one of their services, hence the connection.

I suspect they were responsible for blowing Craig First's desire to remain anonymous.  How they found out, I'm not sure.  Maybe someone there did the same detective work I did, but decided it wasn't important to keep his secret.

BTW, Craig First no longer shows up as a listed professor at the University of Alabama.  I hope he didn't get into trouble for spending so much time away from campus in his home recording studio creating The Psychedelic Ensemble albums!  His personal website (cpfirst.net) is down, and the email address provided on the TPE website no longer works.

Aarrgh! I hope those Frenchies haven't ruined a great artist!

Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2018 at 13:29
LOL Nice job, dude, you turned every stone you could find
miamiscot View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2018 at 08:16
I was just listening to The Sunstone album last night. Rumor has it that he's working on a new LP.

Good stuff.
 Post Reply Post Reply