Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > General Music Discussions
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Music Newspapers/Magazines from Montreal in 1990s
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedMusic Newspapers/Magazines from Montreal in 1990s

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Music Newspapers/Magazines from Montreal in 1990s
    Posted: February 27 2018 at 20:29
I'm doing some research on some music events that took place (not exclusively) in Montreal in 1990 and 1994. The online newspaper archives I have come across suggest they were not covered very well by the mainstream press, so I'm wondering if there were any other, music focused (possibly independent) publications in those years that might have existed. Thanks!
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2018 at 20:50
oh those were the pre-internet days weren't day...  god we are getting old... seems like yesterday yet it rules our existance now seemingly doesn't it.  I remember having to stop to use pay phones when my pager went off at work. Almost always when it the worse parts of Fayettenam (Bragg Blvd) or worse... East Durham.. those areas make SE DC look like rural Oklahoma in comparison.  

anyhow...don't remember much in the way of independent pubs back then...  then again... I can't remember what I had for dinner yesterday.
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
Barbu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2018 at 19:48
The mag 'Voir' was and still is the best reference. I don't think the online archive will cover as far as the early 90s though.

voir.ca
MasterOfPuppets View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2018 at 17:41
Originally posted by Barbu Barbu wrote:

The mag 'Voir' was and still is the best reference. I don't think the online archive will cover as far as the early 90s though.

voir.ca

Thank you for the suggestion, I will take a look!
 Post Reply Post Reply