Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > Tech Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bose QC Headphones...?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bose QC Headphones...?
    Posted: April 20 2018 at 22:45
Curious to know your thoughts on these high expensive Bose QC headphones  range?.....  Not exactly high crisp HiFi sound here!!... But what a great job on the plane or where noice is present...   Full marks!!....Smile

Very muted in sound IMHO.  Don't know the Jargon here in headphone technology !!  Stern Smile

Costing around $400 in Canada with taxes, own the Q 25's.....  Though I had these for 2 years now,  owned the previous model ...  The only reason I sold the other model,  it relied on batteries..  The newer models offers both platforms without batteries.

Just bought the HiFimans He400i's ,  what a differnce in sound quality,  very crisp, sharp and you can hear the pin drop watching movies!...  OMG!........  the music awesome!!.......Cool

Why are Bose highly rated?   though good general use headphones and great on the plane,  not that great compared with $300 with taxes  in  headphones of great HiFi sound with HiFImans  costing $100 plus more less then Bose?....

Just curious  !!!!.........Thoughts????Ermm

AEProgman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AEProgman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2018 at 06:39
Bose has a very good mass marketing machine and their target seems to me like it is to have very good sound, but with convenience technology built in, such as noise canceling, wireless, etc...  Thats my 2 cents on why they are so highly rated.  

If you have seen the "Cans" thread in the Forum, I had a post where my wife wanted to get me the Bose QC35s for a Christmas gift, but I told I would rather another pair at similar cost.  I got the HiFimans HE400S as I did not have an open back pair of good headphones....Love them, great sound!

noni View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2018 at 11:20
The Cans thread on here got me into the Hifimans   Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply