Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Unsigned Bands
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pokruch (Ukrainian Heavy Prog)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
karvool View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karvool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pokruch (Ukrainian Heavy Prog)
    Posted: May 22 2018 at 03:01
This is a DIY band from Ukraine. They have recorded only 5 tracks so far and in the middle of writing/recording new album as per info from the band.

Pokruch / Покруч is:
Yevgeniy Petrusenko - Vocals, guitars
Sergey KNOB Lyubinskiy - guitar, sound engineering

Former members:
Dmitriy Dziuba - Bass
Yuriy Ishchenko - Drums

Here are their tracks:

Edited by karvool - May 15 2020 at 02:18
karvool View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote karvool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2020 at 05:03

Edited by karvool - May 14 2020 at 05:04
Droxford View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Droxford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2020 at 12:38
Thank you for posting, some very interesting music. Enjoyed these tracks. 

I couldn't get the second video on the top row to play, will be following Pokruch on Youtube and Facebook. Got me wanting to check out what is happening in the Ukranian prog rock scene. 
karvool View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karvool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2020 at 14:11
Originally posted by Droxford Droxford wrote:

Got me wanting to check out what is happening in the Ukranian prog rock scene. 

Not much happening to be honest, but this band is briliant. Really excited about the album.
Pokruch is actually formed out of another cool Ukrainian band TOL after the vocalist left the band. They played nu-metal in early 2000s and agressive nu metal/math metal in late 2000s. PM me if you are interested, I will send you the Youtube links for their albums.
Droxford View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Droxford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2020 at 14:41
Thanks , would be interested to know when album comes out. 
Yes will message you about other links. 
[/QUOTE]

Not much happening to be honest, but this band is briliant. Really excited about the album.
Pokruch is actually formed out of another cool Ukrainian band TOL after the vocalist left the band. They played nu-metal in early 2000s and agressive nu metal/math metal in late 2000s. PM me if you are interested, I will send you the Youtube links for their albums.
[/QUOTE]
karvool View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karvool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2021 at 00:48

https://vimeo.com/429997233/2222187737
https://vimeo.com/419017107/0c405ab7a7

nick_h_nz View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Prog Metal / Heavy Prog Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nick_h_nz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2021 at 02:27
Originally posted by Droxford Droxford wrote:

Thank you for posting, some very interesting music. Enjoyed these tracks. 

I couldn't get the second video on the top row to play, will be following Pokruch on Youtube and Facebook. Got me wanting to check out what is happening in the Ukranian prog rock scene. 

Mr Kalugin is probably the most well-known and most-reviewed Ukrainian prog artist on PA, but he doesn’t particularly float my boat. Here are the Ukrainian bands I have in my collection:

Azathoth Circle Bandcamp

Ethereal Riffian Bandcamp

La Horsa Bianca Bandcamp

Ichthyander Dad’s Only Dolphin Bandcamp

Korzo Bandcamp

Krobak Bandcamp

Nice Wings, Icarus! Bandcamp

Obiymy Doschu Bandcamp

Sealand Airlines Bandcamp

Shiva the Destructor Bandcamp

Slow Ride Home Bandcamp

Somali Yacht Club Bandcamp

Way Station Bandcamp

White Ward Bandcamp

I made a poll including most of these bands earlier this year, to commemorate the anniversary of the Chernobyl disaster:  http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=126171
 Post Reply Post Reply