Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > Music and Musicians Exchange
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

i have done it

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drop Therapy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: i have done it
    Posted: July 12 2018 at 11:25
I have beaten dream theater at their own game! Not only does my new song have more than 108 time signatures, but it has 133!
Check it out here:
I don't know if it's a world record, but I'm pretty sure it might be. Also, I am 100% sure my song isn't as good as Dance of Eternity, but as the creator, I would like to think it's still pretty damn good.

Edited by Drop Therapy - July 12 2018 at 11:28
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2018 at 11:51
Very impressive, but can we dance to it?
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
Drop Therapy View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drop Therapy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2018 at 12:01
Originally posted by SteveG SteveG wrote:

Unless you are god, no. And I am an atheist, so he doesn't exist to me anyway.
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drop Therapy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2018 at 12:02
I am thinking about submitting it to Ripley's Believe it or Not, but I am concerned it might be a tad too normal for them. I tried Guinness World Records, but my record wasn't found and I don't have 5 dollars to spend on applying to add a new one.
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2018 at 12:20
I'd skip a on the records and talk about the music and yourself. Just for starters, are you a multi instrumentalist, a multi programmer or both? What did you record this on and how did you mix it? What are your influences? What do you want to achieve, musically, in future?

Edited by SteveG - July 12 2018 at 12:20
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
Manuel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2018 at 12:33
Good song, you did a great job!!!
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drop Therapy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2018 at 12:40

I'd skip a on the records and talk about the music and yourself. Just for starters, are you a multi instrumentalist, a multi programmer or both? What did you record this on and how did you mix it? What are your influences? What do you want to achieve, musically, in future?
I mostly program the instrumentals, but I do record bass. I might get my friend to record the drums for the other three songs on the album. Here is my summary:
"Hello, I am Mark ███████ (not censored in the actual thing), also known as DROP THERAPY, a 14 year old music producer from ███████ . One day I was listening to Dream Theater's "Dance of Eternity," Which has 108 time signature changes. I decided to try to create a song that has more than that, and I ended up with a song that has 133 time signature changes, the first 125 happening during the first 2 minutes and 48 seconds. I don't know if this is a record or anything, but I do know that I had fun making it and that hopefully more attention can be brought to it. In short, a time signature is a measurement of how many beats are contained in a bar. For example, 4/4, the most common time signature in western music, consists of four quarter notes in a measure, or bar. 3/4 has only 3 quarter notes, and is used for waltz music and other things. My song contains time signatures with 7 eighth notes in a bar, 5 eighth notes in a bar, 5 sixteenth notes in a bar, and so on. I have been making music  since I was eleven years old. It has evolved from techno music and similar genres to a huge mess of progressive rock, industrial, and experimental music over the past three years. "
verslibre View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verslibre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2018 at 18:05
Originally posted by Drop Therapy Drop Therapy wrote:

Unless you are god, no. And I am an atheist, so he doesn't exist to me anyway.

Then obviously we can twerk to it.
progaardvark View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Crossover/Symphonic/RPI Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progaardvark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2018 at 05:23
I enjoyed listening to this. Of course, now you have to break your own record! Smile
----------
i'm shopping for a new oil-cured sinus bag
that's a happy bag of lettuce
this car smells like cartilage
nothing beats a good video about fractions
fun4fusion View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fun4fusion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2018 at 00:19
i;m probably going to sound like a fairy but I wouldn't worry about putting time signatures down on paper, but more of your feelings, but what do i know.
 Post Reply Post Reply