Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > Get The Word Out
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

prog/post/folk acoustic album for review

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mahargznaj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: prog/post/folk acoustic album for review
    Posted: July 14 2018 at 03:36
Artist: Graham Janz
Title: we look like people for now
Release Date: July 10th, 2018
Label(s): none

If the reviewer wishes to argue that the album doesn't fit into the genres mentioned above, I'm all for it! All songs are performed on acoustic guitars. The lyrics are quite political, but poetic in more of a descriptive rather than preachy way. The second album part is an anti-work rock opera-type song, signified by the roman numerals. For fans of a mix between Leonard Cohen, Woodie Guthrie, Peter Hammill, and A Silver Mount Zion.

If you have any questions or would like to talk with me about the album, please feel free!

Here is the link below.

https://grahamjanz.bandcamp.com/album/we-might-look-like-people-for-now

Thank you!
Sean Trane View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Prog Folk

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sean Trane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2018 at 05:59
Hi Graham (if that's you posting)

Gave a fairly thorough listen to the first seven or 8 tracks and started zapping through the rest of the album.

I like it somewhat well enough, but as a member of the Prog Folk team, I'm quite sure your music doesn't fit the "prog" anfgle of this site.

BTW, I don't know if it's done on purpose, but you may want to record the track over again and try to have your fingers sliding on the strings of your guitar well down in the mix, because it's so loud that it becomes quickly relatively annoying.

mahargznaj View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mahargznaj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2018 at 03:09
Thanks Sean!

What genre would you say this album belongs to?

Which track do you think should be recorded over again? Or do you mean the whole album?
Sean Trane View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Prog Folk

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sean Trane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2018 at 17:06
Originally posted by mahargznaj mahargznaj wrote:

Thanks Sean!

What genre would you say this album belongs to?

Which track do you think should be recorded over again? Or do you mean the whole album?

I'd say Wyrd Folk or neo-folk...

and I forgot to specify it was he first track that offended my ears, not the whole album.
mahargznaj View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mahargznaj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2018 at 18:42
I haven't heard of Wyrd Folk before. I will check this out. Thanks again! I find it difficult to get honest feedback and I really appreciate it when I get it.
 Post Reply Post Reply