Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Best 70's Zappa Album?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Poll Question: Which one do you think is the best?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
2 [5.13%]
2 [5.13%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
2 [5.13%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [2.56%]
1 [2.56%]
4 [10.26%]
2 [5.13%]
3 [7.69%]
12 [30.77%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
2 [5.13%]
2 [5.13%]
1 [2.56%]
3 [7.69%]
0 [0.00%]
2 [5.13%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miamiscot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2018 at 07:52
Over-Nite Sensation is the one 70's era Zappa record I return to frequently. 
But damn, there are some fine albums on the list!!!
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2018 at 14:06
Most of there are excellent. 

OSFA is my favorite Zappa album, so clerly that's where the vote goes. 
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
YESESIS View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YESESIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2018 at 15:25
Good grief this is a hard poll. Voted for Joe's Garage because it's just too classic to not a vote yet. Apostrophe already had a vote. Wanted to vote for Waka/Jawaka because it's so good. But then a lot of them are.. ahhhhh
ReactioninG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ReactioninG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2018 at 19:41
Only two votes for Joe's Garage? It's a masterpiece! And so many votes for One Size Fits All, which is totally mediocre. Over-Nite Sensation is the logical second choice, I thought people would be voting for that one and Apostrophe. But somehow its One Size Fits All.

Prog Archives people, people. They sure do make you sleepy with the way that they vote- voteeee! nah nah nah nah nah! Prog Archives People... Mother mary and joseph I'd wish they'd all go away, yay.
YESESIS View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YESESIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2018 at 20:21
Originally posted by ReactioninG ReactioninG wrote:

Only two votes for Joe's Garage? It's a masterpiece! And so many votes for One Size Fits All, which is totally mediocre. Over-Nite Sensation is the logical second choice, I thought people would be voting for that one and Apostrophe. But somehow its One Size Fits All.

Prog Archives people, people. They sure do make you sleepy with the way that they vote- voteeee! nah nah nah nah nah! Prog Archives People... Mother mary and joseph I'd wish they'd all go away, yay.

Oh man haha, great post. 
siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
PSIKE, JRF/Canterbury, P Metal, Eclectic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2018 at 20:25
I have to mentiona  pet peeve of mine! The fact that The Mothers of Invention seem to be consider Zappa albums these days! They were a band!!! True, Zappa was the leader but they were a band!!!!

By all rights, they should have their own page and Zappa's solo career should be separate but no one seems to do that any longer :(

This is the Mother's canon:

Out of The Mothers Of Invention years, i like just about everything but One Size Fits All was a peak.

Out of solo Zappa, i've always been fond of Ship Arriving To Save A Drowning Witch. Solo Zappa was more hit and miss than The Mothers of Invention :)

https://rateyourmusic.com/~siLLy_puPPy
Fischman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fischman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2018 at 10:48
I'm surprised to see so few votes for Apostrophe.  Great album, and rather consistent throughout as well.  Although there are no shortage of other worthy contenders there.  Amazing considering how prolific and experimental he was.  
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12