Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Music Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Band/Musician Timeline charts and graphs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldschool71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Band/Musician Timeline charts and graphs
    Posted: July 27 2018 at 11:05
I find charts like this very interesting.  This Strawbs timeline is from Wikipedia.  "Hats off" to whoever did it.  

Any one know where there might be a good source or collection of charts for various bands/musicians? I'm guess things like this are unique are rare..

Argo2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Argo2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2018 at 11:16
 I've seen "trees" like this for Yes & other bands that show all the members & the other bands they have been. It's interesting to see all the cross-pollination that occurred with the classic prog bands, where people started & where they ended up. 

The one you posted looks like it's from a Wikipedia page. They do a pretty good job with the member timelines. 

Edited by Argo2112 - July 27 2018 at 11:19
Nogbad_The_Bad View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl & Eclectic Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nogbad_The_Bad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2018 at 11:28
Check out Pete Frames Rock Family Trees, the definitive source of this kind of thing.
Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on Progrock.com

https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-avant-jazzcore-happy-hour/
Manuel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2018 at 17:27
I personally don't know, but I would love to find out where I can see them.
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nogbad_The_Bad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2018 at 18:11
Ian

Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nogbad_The_Bad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2018 at 18:13
Ian

Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nogbad_The_Bad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2018 at 18:17
Ian

Squonk19 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Squonk19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2018 at 18:17
Pete Frame's family trees were absolute works of art and I miss them so much. My copy of the enlarged book containing many, remains a joy to dip into even today. Wish someone had taken up the baton - although pleased the Wiki timelines fill some of the gap.
“Living in their pools, they soon forget about the sea.”
oldschool71 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldschool71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2018 at 18:49
RE: Pete Frames's Family Trees
Yep... I have a copy of the first one but the with with ELP/YES which is the one I want is going for over $300 on ebay, amazon, and alibris.

Edited by oldschool71 - July 28 2018 at 11:27
Manuel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2018 at 09:49
Thank you for posting these charts, the are quite informative and really interesting.
The Dark Elf View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dark Elf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2018 at 11:04
...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
to take the place of the mud shark in your mythology...
hieronymous View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hieronymous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2018 at 11:25
I had a Pete Frame family tree for Deep Purple that came with a greatest hits album - my mom didn't realize what it was and threw it away! Thinking back, it's my fault for not keeping it inside the album cover. 

I seem to remember having a Gary Moore one too, it came with the tour program I got when I saw him at the Budokan (in 1985 or '96) - that program is long gone though...
TiddK View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TiddK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2018 at 09:52
Pete Frame began doing these for ZigZag magazine in the 70s. Awesome stuff.

The only time I ever saw The Strawbs, Rick Wakeman was with them, so it must have been 1970. I remember seeing an edition of TOTP2 where they featured "The Hangman & The Papist" and captioned it as being Yes. NO!!!

Edited by TiddK - August 09 2018 at 09:55
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2018 at 15:14
Hi,

The MAN Band ... the original LP for "Be Good to Yourself ... " had a sleeve with many bands in the family tree that never ended! big names, too!
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
Pelata View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pelata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 24 2018 at 10:33
Wow! Now I want those Pete Frame books!!
 Post Reply Post Reply