Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Welcome newbies!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hello to every progressive fan

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orpheide Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hello to every progressive fan
    Posted: August 06 2018 at 04:17
Hi there, first of all let introduce myself to this community. My name is Carmelo Neri, from Italy, music lover, book shop owner and running a small publishing house founded a couples of years ago. I met progressive rock by chance in the late Eighties, beginning of the Nineties thanks to a mix tape given to me by a the father of a good mate. I was fourteen or something like that. I still remember that beside the songs of David Bowie and Roxy Music I asked for, there were as well some songs by scottish band Marillion which haunted me. Chelsea Monday, Script for a Jester's Tear and Forgotten Sons were absolutely groundbreaking and breathtaking to me. My previous listenings, related to sci-fiesque sounding stuff who could give a kind of soundtrack to my readings, were closer to synth music going from Vangelis to Depeche Mode. These long intricated music with such great atmospheres were exactly what my heart and head were looking for. Soon after this I met Brian Eno and King Crimson and I was sold. At the moment I'm still in love with KC and Brian Eno, still following the evolution of Marillion, even if I don't really like all of their releases. Of course discoveries and rescues are everything when you start to listen to music so Fred Frith is one of my heroes and New York prog metal Band, now disbanded, Naked Sun is a name I'll suggest as at least worth a listen. I hope to discover new and forgotten bands thanks to this website. Meanwhile thanks for all...
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2018 at 04:43
welcome :)

Marillion aren't Scottish, only Fish was. The others are from all over Britain (Kelly is Irish, the others are English). 

Nice to see someone enjoying Marillion. There aren't many of us Marillion listeners here. :)
Mortte View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mortte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2018 at 05:28
Welcome!
 Post Reply Post Reply