Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Live Performance Reviews
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Le Silo at Placebo (Osaka) 11.8.2018

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Avant/Cross/Neo/Post Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DamoXt7942 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Le Silo at Placebo (Osaka) 11.8.2018
    Posted: August 11 2018 at 20:15
August 11, 2018 ... too hot and wet for us to go outside indeed, but tonight was a special night, when two Japanese progressive rock prides LE SILO and DJAMRA gigged on stage (on a floor?) at an Osakan Live & Cafe Bat Placebo.

This fantastic bar has been opened by the owner Akira ISHIKAWA (ex-Djamra guitarist), but so sad ... he’s passed away a couple of months before, at age 41. Yes tonight they played for him, as a memorial live. :(

However, everyone at this venue knew he might not like sad atmosphere but delightful, cheerful live. Oh go ahead with making cheer!

Surprisingly the guitarist Yoshiharu had a trouble his multi-effecter was broken but it should be a miracle ... an effecter Akira had used was incredibly fit for his play. We all said “Akira has come here!”.

Three Le Siloers were powerful and vivacious as well (and they were sooo close to us the audience really! ... see photos plz) and played aloud and kicking, regardless of their long trip for Osaka. So fascinating, so amazing. Mysteriously they played complicatedly and distortedly indeed, but the audience should get immersed aggressively in Le Silo Theatre. Because of their delightful character and splendid play technique methinks.

Happy to mention, two ex-Djamrers Shinji KITAMURA (saxophones) and Takehiko FUKUDA (keyboards) were there for Akira. All of them played distorted but funny, funky music together a while ago ... and old Djamra (Kamihitoe / Dai Circus era) unified only one night played “Kamihitoe” and “Assassin In Sin”.

Wow, the pic of Akira has fallen down upon the speaker, as if he had said he would love to join the gig! Everybody around here got surprised, and amazed at this fantastic phenomenon. Why can we stop weeping?

Again said, thanks to Le Silo and Djamra for amaze us massively, and thanks to Akira for providing such a brilliant atmosphere and venue. And thanks to all for reading this live report. RIP Akira, and will have a rendezvous in the heaven in future.

Edited by DamoXt7942 - August 12 2018 at 17:51
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2018 at 20:23
How I wish to reside in Kansai again. I would have loved to go to that concert.
Just a fanboy passin' through.
Nogbad_The_Bad View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl & Eclectic Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nogbad_The_Bad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2018 at 20:39
Saw Le Silo twice at RIO they were excellent and fun both times.
Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on Progrock.com

https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-avant-jazzcore-happy-hour/
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2018 at 21:58
Originally posted by Logan Logan wrote:

How I wish to reside in Kansai again. I would have loved to go to that concert.

Indeed! Sounds like an amazing night/show. 

Excellent pictures! 
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
DamoXt7942 View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Avant/Cross/Neo/Post Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DamoXt7942 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2018 at 19:11
Thanks Greg, Ian, and Phil.
They together played enthusiastically and dramatically for Akira and with Akira.
Would never experience such a great gig, I guess.
 Post Reply Post Reply