Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

TV SHows from 2000 to 2009

Post Reply Post Reply
Poll Question: Choose any favourites (multiple votes enabled)
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
2 [5.71%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [2.86%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [2.86%]
1 [2.86%]
1 [2.86%]
1 [2.86%]
4 [11.43%]
1 [2.86%]
0 [0.00%]
2 [5.71%]
1 [2.86%]
1 [2.86%]
0 [0.00%]
3 [8.57%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [2.86%]
2 [5.71%]
6 [17.14%]
4 [11.43%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
3 [8.57%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TV SHows from 2000 to 2009
    Posted: August 18 2018 at 14:17
Some of my favourite shows from the 2000s, if you like more than one choice in an option, feel free to vote twice.

Edited by Logan - August 18 2018 at 16:49
Just a fanboy passin' through.
irrelevant View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irrelevant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2018 at 14:27
The IT Crowd and Curb Your Enthusiasm. 
Squonk19 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Squonk19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2018 at 14:49
Psychoville as a good as The League of Gentlemen in many ways. Life on Mars (first series though) - I voted both places! Doctor Who - fantastic reboot! I loved watching it with my young children at the time. David Tennant was great and I was pleased they got a good doctor to call their own. The Thick of It was superb political satire - like a souped-up Yes Minister with loads of expletives! Tucker is the role model I wish I could be at times (I still see PA's legendary Micky as our equivalent!) The Office (UK) is a masterpiece (at least up to the dreadful David Brent film). Never got on with Extras - Ricky got too stage-struck and tried to act too much!

Lots of acclaimed series like The Sopranos, The Wire, Carnivale etc. I just missed out on my not having satellite TV - c'est la vie! Definitely would have Spaced in somewhere in the 90s or this selection.
“Living in their pools, they soon forget about the sea.”
Upbeat Tango Monday View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Upbeat Tango Monday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2018 at 20:20
Darkplace
Battlestar Galactica
Curb Your Enthusiasm

I would have voted Lost for the first three seasons, but the last three are absolute garbage and ruined the series.

Edited by Upbeat Tango Monday - August 19 2018 at 20:21
Two random guys agreed to shake hands. Just Because. They felt like it, you know. It was an agreement of sorts...a random agreement.
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr wu23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2018 at 14:40
Dr Who and Torchwood of course but  enjoyed Deadwood with Ian McShane and Dexter and Carnivale...which was creepy interesting on several levels.
One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin
verslibre View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verslibre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2018 at 15:47
FX's The Shield is one of the best cop dramas ever and it put the network on the map. 

Ron Moore's Battlestar Galactica was awesome, but I must admit it could have been more consistent throughout. 
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2018 at 18:55
no votes for Lost?  wow...  granted it went off the rails.. but not until 3 of the greatest seasons any series might have had.  
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
verslibre View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verslibre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2018 at 10:52
Originally posted by micky micky wrote:

no votes for Lost?  wow...  granted it went off the rails.. but not until 3 of the greatest seasons any series might have had.  

That show is way overrated. LOL
The.Crimson.King View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The.Crimson.King Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2018 at 11:31
Don't know any on the list...the only show I recall regularly watching from the 2000 - 09 batch was True Blood Wink
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2018 at 12:12
Darkplace is classic, not too much viewing, and all on youtube.

If I were to choose one poll option, then it would be Dead Set and Psychoville. And Misfits blew me away.

I do tend to favour British fare.

Edited by Logan - September 11 2018 at 12:20
Just a fanboy passin' through.
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2018 at 15:24
Originally posted by verslibre verslibre wrote:

Originally posted by micky micky wrote:

That show is way overrated. *emotici snip*

*spits beer on monitor*

calling bullsh*t on that one.....  it has consistently been rated as one of the greatest TV shows ever...

yes it did get a bit brown acid towards the end but it was much like NYPD Blue.. Revolutionary and changed Tv shows thereafter...and with powerful ensemble characters that you loved. Perhaps it could have been greater.. and topped NYPD Blue as the greatest TV show ever done.. but don't ignore what it was and like nothing before it....and how it changed TV thereafter....
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
 Post Reply Post Reply