Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Welcome newbies!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

10+ year lurker, finally decided to join!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Apricot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 10+ year lurker, finally decided to join!
    Posted: September 10 2018 at 02:51
Hi! Back in 2008 when I was 13 and was first exploring prog-rock, this website was monumental! I discovered all the classics per genre, and this site also allowed me to be able to see upcoming bands and keep up with new releases. I can't thank ProgArchives enough!

And now I have decided to join the forum, as I would love to see the community side of things and get talking to some fellow prog-fans. Because after completing music university, I have sadly found that, in my age group at least, we are few and far between.

:)
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2018 at 03:12
^ You came to the right place, then - here we can  relate  with friends from every corner of the globe

(this keeps amazing me everyday, being of another age and time, when we only had the post to connect with the world LOL)

Welcome, enjoy !
Mortte View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mortte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2018 at 05:11
Welcome! What are your favourites?
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2018 at 10:51
Glad you stopped snooping around and made the plunge. Enjoy the ride!
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2018 at 12:45
Great to have you ~

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
Argo2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Argo2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2018 at 13:03
Welcome Aboard! Lots of cool people here to discuss music with. Enjoy!
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2018 at 17:08
10 years lurking? wow man...  can't say you weren't warned I suppose about the forum and some of its denizens. 

Enjoy.. and beware...
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
irrelevant View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irrelevant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2018 at 20:20
Welcome, and try not to let the captcha put you off... 
Mortte View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mortte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2018 at 02:22
Seriously, you donīt have to beware anything. If some old chap start something with you, just donīt answer, itīs waste of time.
 Post Reply Post Reply