Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Official 'review our music' forum
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - My new prog-ish album - anyone want to review it?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My new prog-ish album - anyone want to review it?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EastHastings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My new prog-ish album - anyone want to review it?
    Posted: September 27 2018 at 17:08
Hey people, I thought I'd give this a shot. I just released a new album and was hoping someone would like to give a review. Link: http://aramidmusic.bandcamp.com/album/this-great-distance

It's not strictly prog - more along the lines of post-rock - but I do have an artist page in the archives. I also took quite a lot of inspiration from prog artists, so maybe you'll be able to hear some of that.

I'm not afraid of criticism, so give me your best review ;) Also, I'm happy to provide some background info if it helps your review. Just send me a message!

Thanks!
flyingveepixie View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyingveepixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2018 at 09:38
Sounding good. Sent you a pm..
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2018 at 11:57
Bryan, if it wouldn't too much asking you - take a  look at your page and please tell me any wrong/incomplete info (including album credits if possible), thanks.

I also (tried to) updated the Wolves of Aramid  page and linked the two, please check.
EastHastings View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EastHastings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2018 at 12:40
Hi Quinino - thanks for updating everything. The album credits all look correct, although there are a few grammatical errors in the bio (I assume Portuguese is your native language). Personally I'd write the bio like this, but you don't have to use it:

"Aramid is a solo project from Seattle conceived by multi-instrumentalist Bryan Bulmer. The project began in 2012 as a duo called Wolves in Aramid, in collaboration with guitarist/vocalist Dylan Faltisco. Two EPs were recorded during this time (Obsidian and Beacons). The duo split amicably in 2015 due to both members lacking time to collaborate, and the name was shortened to Aramid. A debut album (Shallow Dialects) was released shortly thereafter, followed by a second (This Great Distance) in 2018. 

Aramid's music can be loosely categorized as post-rock, indie, and ambient instrumental. The music is largely inspired by the scenery and wilderness of the Pacific Northwest."

Thanks again for keeping everything up to date.

Edited by EastHastings - November 04 2018 at 12:40
 Post Reply Post Reply