Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Live Performance Reviews
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nick Mason’s Saucerful of Secrets

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2020 at 07:52
Hi,

I was lucky enough to see the original do its thing at the Hollywood Bowl in 1972 and to me that was enough. I might get the DVD when it comes out, but in seeing this on the net already in 2 shows, I have to say that it is a far out trip to yesterday ... but a trip that for me, is not as much fun anymore ... and while I still love the music, the feeling (FOR ME) is gone, and while it is really nice, it is missing its soul and spirit for me, but it is a magnificent "primer" for many folks today that had no idea what "tripping" was all about ... even though on that show I was not stoned, and didn't need to be ... the quadraphonic sound (that folks here still don't know what it is or did to you!) was enough to carry you along ... and this show, today, does not have all those neat bits and pieces that went all around your head, that created a far out movie ... like today's stuff can't, and Roger forgot how to do it!
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123