1 [7.69%]
1 [7.69%]
2 [15.38%]
1 [7.69%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morningrise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Some Random Favourite 90s Films
    Posted: September 27 2018 at 19:12
Not as eclectic as the 80s list. But some damn fine movies anyway.
Barbu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2018 at 19:21
Falsely accused.
Wrongly imprisoned.
He fought for justice to clear his father's name.

12/10
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2018 at 19:23
I have seen all of these. Choosing is not as hard this time around for me. I thought that I'd be going for Bleu, but then I saw Happiness, which will get my vote.
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2018 at 19:29
Mr. Ripley for sure, and Ripley's Game with John Malkovitch (not the Wim Wenders from '77) also good.

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
Morningrise View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morningrise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2018 at 19:38
Originally posted by Logan Logan wrote:

I have seen all of these. Choosing is not as hard this time around for me. I thought that I'd be going for Bleu, but then I saw Happiness, which will get my vote.

It's difficult to pick among my own selections. But those 2 might be my favourites as well, with Barton Fink and Eyes Wide Shut coming right behind (I'll give Bleu the nod since you voted Happiness)

Edited by Morningrise - September 27 2018 at 19:39
Squonk19 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Squonk19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2018 at 23:51
Groundhog Day. Bill Murray at his best.
“Living in their pools, they soon forget about the sea.”
Vompatti View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vompatti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2018 at 00:18
Buffalo '66
verslibre View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verslibre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2018 at 18:59
You mean MINE is the ONLY vote for Boogie Nights? Say it ain't so!
BaldJean View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaldJean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2018 at 19:38
the 90s were not a time when I went to the movies much. of this list I only saw "Groundhog Day" and "The Silence of the Lambs" and was very disappointed by the latter. my favorite 90s movie is "The Blair Witch Project"

A shot of me as High Priestess of Gaia during our fall festival. Ceterum censeo principiis obsta
The.Crimson.King View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The.Crimson.King Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2018 at 20:48
Originally posted by BaldJean BaldJean wrote:

the 90s were not a time when I went to the movies much. of this list I only saw "Groundhog Day" and "The Silence of the Lambs" and was very disappointed by the latter. my favorite 90s movie is "The Blair Witch Project"

Same here Handshake    

Blair Witch is perfect...very Lovecraftian in the way it never shows you the monster, but let's your imagination fill in the blanks with things much worse Evil Smile
Finnforest View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Finnforest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2018 at 21:38
KIESLOWSKI!

The colors trilogy is amazing, but his lesser know "La Double Vie de Veronique" is his masterpiece in my opinion. Just captivating. 

Such a shame he passed away so soon.
The Dark Elf View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dark Elf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2018 at 22:28
A lot of my favorite films from the 90s are missing:

Good Fellas
The Usual Suspects
Fargo
Schindler's List
Trainspotting
Se7en
The Unforgiven
...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
to take the place of the mud shark in your mythology...
Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2018 at 00:13
Con Air is ny favourite but from the list perhaps Groundhog Days
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2018 at 07:33
Hi,

The Veronique film is one of my all time favorites. It also has wonderful music by Zbiniew Preisner ... 
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
Finnforest View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Finnforest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2018 at 10:01
Originally posted by moshkito moshkito wrote:

The Veronique film is one of my all time favorites. It also has wonderful music by Zbiniew Preisner ... 

Pedro, yes! It is I believe the only film I've ever bought the soundtrack for and consider an important part of my music collection.  Lovely, haunting classical music.

It all came together in that film. The music, the lens coloration, the actress, the locations, the hazy, surrealistic subject matter. One of the greatest directors. It's all some grand mystery where you're never sure what is going on. It celebrates the mystery of the human condition. I still appreciate new things each time. It's more like a great painting than a movie.
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2018 at 10:39
hard to choose there man

where I wanted my life to be in the 90's.. and damnit I tried haha... Boogie Nights

where my life was heading quickly in the 90's.. and damnit I nearly got there haha...  Leaving Los Vegas
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
 Post Reply Post Reply