Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
14 [32.56%]
12 [27.91%]
17 [39.53%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2018 at 13:43
PFM of course.
someone_else View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote someone_else Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2018 at 14:57
Harmonium by far.

Btw: Surprising to see an autumn poll coming from 34°xx' S in this time of the year Tongue.
Dellinger View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dellinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2018 at 21:19
I just gave the Strawbs song a listen today, and indeed it's a beautiful song. Still, I'm not sure if it could grow on me to beath the Harmonium one, but I guess it could easily end up in 2nd place. All 3 of them are gorgeous songs, though.
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2018 at 22:29
I can think of a few others off the top of my head:

Late November - Pavlov's Dog
Forever Autumn - from Jeff Wayne's War of the Worlds (sung by Justin Hayward of the Moody Blues)
Autumn - Edgar Winter (not prog but it's from the same album that has Frankenstein)

Edited by AFlowerKingCrimson - November 05 2018 at 22:29
CristauxFeur View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CristauxFeur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2018 at 21:33
HARMONIUM
Dragged down by the stone
kenethlevine View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Prog-Folk Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenethlevine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2018 at 19:49
Originally posted by Saperlipopette! Saperlipopette! wrote:

Strawbs unfortunately ruins their chance of nailing a fully fledged shivers-down-your-spine-masterpiece-stunner with that childlike singalong ending. What a shame.

It's that childlike singalong ending that sends the most shivers up and down my spine.  The rest of the track is great too of course
Snicolette View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2018 at 20:28
Arguably, "October to May," David Cousins from Two Weeks Last Summer and also on Strawbs recording(s?) is an autumn song (in the beginning) as well as "Autumn,"  by said Strawbs.  And beautifully done.  My vote, since this is a poll, however, goes to The Strawbs "Autumn."

Edited by Snicolette - November 25 2018 at 20:37
"Into every rain, a little life must fall." ~Tom Rapp
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12