Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > I Have A Question For You......?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I do not have permission to post new topics

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Collaborator
Collaborator
Neo / PSIKE / Heavy Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote earlyprog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I do not have permission to post new topics
    Posted: November 23 2018 at 13:48
Recently, in attempting to post new topics in some of the fora, I was met with "You do not have permission to post new topics in this forum".

I thought it was a temporary 'error' but again today I'm met with the same salutation when trying to create a new topic in the 'Report errors and omissions" forum.

What's the problem and have do I gain access to posting?
DamoXt7942 View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Avant/Cross/Neo/Post Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DamoXt7942 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2018 at 16:15
Upon every subforum or only "poll"?

I've seen your permission list in Admin Panel but no prob I've found.

Weird ... Confused

P.S. Or refreshing / reloading the page would give you permission to post, if I'm not wrong.

Edited by DamoXt7942 - November 23 2018 at 16:16
earlyprog View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote earlyprog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2018 at 04:29
Thanks for your suggestions, Keishiro, but unfortunately not the solution.

I have checked all fora and I'm unable to post new topics in

Internal News
Report Errors & Omissions
Featured Artist of the Month

Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2018 at 06:22
Most members do not have permission to create topics in those fora as those are administrative topics.

In the Site Rules and Guidelines forum, see the Creating new threads in the forum (CLICK) topic:

Quote Internal News
Here you can stay informed about the latest updates regarding the site

It's not intended to be internal news/ latest updates about the site coming from non-administrators of the site.

Quote Report errors & omissions
If you notice an error or an omission in a band profile or album page, please tell us our dedicated E&O team so they can fix it. Please note that forum members CANNOT create new threads in this forum as all the threads you need should already exist.

What topic were you trying to create in Report errors & omissions, and was there no place to cover it in the still unlocked existing topics? You could try using the "Help us improve the site" forum instead if you need to create a new topic, and perhaps we might move that topic to Report errors & omissions.

And with "Featured Artist of the month" only M@x (the owner) has made topics because this was created as paid marketing to help support the site. Not many artists have been featured.

Edited by Logan - November 24 2018 at 06:43
earlyprog View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote earlyprog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2018 at 07:22
^I wanted to report what I think is an error in the profile of Zierler. 

Thanks to your input I see that there may be other avenues to do that. I'll find a way through.
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2018 at 07:28
The ERRORS THREAD Report Errors and Omissions Here (CLICK) thread should cover it, I'd just mention it in that topic.
earlyprog View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote earlyprog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2018 at 07:38
^yes, just noticed the thread.

I probably had a drink too much yesterday and overlooked it when I wanted to make a report Beer
nateliv View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nateliv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 04 2018 at 11:53
maybe the error relates to the use of "Groups". Setting the course and/or forum Group Mode to "Visible Groups" prevents any user not in an assigned group from posting a discussion.

Edited by nateliv - December 05 2018 at 09:38
Barbu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 04 2018 at 12:06
The RIO/Avant freaks must be behind this.
 Post Reply Post Reply