Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General Polls
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Best actor: John C. Reilly or Vincent D'Onofrio
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Best actor: John C. Reilly or Vincent D'Onofrio

Post Reply Post Reply
Poll Question: Who do you like the most
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
2 [50.00%]
2 [50.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Best actor: John C. Reilly or Vincent D'Onofrio
    Posted: November 27 2018 at 11:34
Two actors whom i feel are underapreciated; both goofy and funny jut also can play crazy, evil and sadistic. They got a big spectrum to pull intowards acting.

I particularly leans towards D'Onofrios preformance as Wilson Fisk in Netflix Daredevil. He is s big reason for its succes. He is also in Fuel Metal Jacket

Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2018 at 11:53
Pvt. Pyle vs. Sgt. Storm. Not sure.
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2018 at 16:01
I can't even think of what I've seen D'Onofrio in, never made an impression.   John C. Reilly on the other hand is a terrific and bold actor who doesn't mind playing ugly, disheveled and unappealing with relish.

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
dwill123 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwill123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2018 at 16:08
Who???  or  Who???
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2018 at 16:56
Hi,

.... you know what? ... I remember the wording by Richard Burton and Lawrence Olivier and Lawrence Harvey doing a strip tease on Hamlet ... a lot more and better ... those were "power words" and they stood out.

Those actors, though, are not as much fun for me, because at the time I did not speak English, and they looked silly to me, without knowing what was being said. 

Try it sometimes ... turn the volume off ... and just watch ... some TV falls flat quickly, but some things stand out ... like you can still imagine Mr. Ed saying something or other, right?

Give me Ernie Kovacs any time!
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2018 at 17:11
Ernie Kovacs?!   Wow, no one mentions Ernie anymore, guy was a TV pioneer but you rarely hear his name.

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2018 at 22:00
Originally posted by Atavachron Atavachron wrote:

I can't even think of what I've seen D'Onofrio in

Seven-Six-Two millimeter.... full metal jacket Thumbs Up

The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2018 at 03:55
John Wayne.
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2018 at 06:34
Originally posted by Atavachron Atavachron wrote:

Ernie Kovacs?!   Wow, no one mentions Ernie anymore, guy was a TV pioneer but you rarely hear his name.

Strangely Believe It's!

But that introduction to the show would throw most of the "progressive" folks way out of adjustment ... too weird, and generic and boring! Not to mention there were no lyrics to explain it!

LOL
Smile
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
 Post Reply Post Reply