Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jeff Beck bio on Showtime

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chicapah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jeff Beck bio on Showtime
    Posted: December 15 2018 at 13:06
If you haven't seen it yet do so ASAP.  One of the best music documentaries I've ever seen and I've seen plenty.  Page, Clapton, Gilmore, Slash, Perry, Rod Stewart and many other luminaries express their admiration for Jeff, as well as some vintage footage from his storied history.  Check it out.
"Literature is well enough, as a time-passer, and for the improvement and general elevation and purification of mankind, but it has no practical value" - Mark Twain
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2018 at 13:11
Sounds great.   I've been a Beck fan since my teens, he was largely who I patterned my own guitar style after.

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
Manuel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2018 at 18:14
I saw it two days ago, and I loved it so much, I recored it and saw it again this morning, and plan to share it with some friends.
Slartibartfast View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / In Memoriam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slartibartfast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2018 at 12:02
Cool I have Showtime and wouldn't have known about were it not for the post.
Released date are often when it it impacted you but recorded dates are when it really happened...

verslibre View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verslibre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2018 at 12:04
Originally posted by Chicapah Chicapah wrote:

If you haven't seen it yet do so ASAP.  One of the best music documentaries I've ever seen and I've seen plenty.  Page, Clapton, Gilmore, Slash, Perry, Rod Stewart and many other luminaries express their admiration for Jeff, as well as some vintage footage from his storied history.  Check it out.

Will do. Could use another biopic about one of my faves. Kansas' was superb.
Slartibartfast View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / In Memoriam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slartibartfast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2018 at 12:24
I logged into on demand and found there is also an XTC documentary This Is Pop.  I had watched it who knows how long ago and had three minutes left.  Also The making of Pet Sounds, Black Sabbath, Eric Clapton, Jimi, ELO, damn.  

Released date are often when it it impacted you but recorded dates are when it really happened...

MortSahlFan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MortSahlFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2018 at 14:34
Which ELO album? And what's the title? Link?

By the way, the Jeff Beck documentary is called "Still On The Run"
https://www.youtube.com/c/LoyalOpposition

https://www.scribd.com/document/382737647/MortSahlFan-Song-List
Floyd Steely View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Floyd Steely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2018 at 21:35
For those of us without Showtime, it's out on BluRay and DVD.  Probably should be added to this site.
And if you can't be with the prog you love, honey, love the prog you're with.
Argo2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Argo2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2018 at 10:02
 Thanks for the tip, gotta look for that one.  
octopus-4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl,Neo & Post/Math Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote octopus-4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2018 at 03:09
Gilmour should be thankful to Beck for having refused to join Pink Floyd..LOL
Curiosity killed a cat, Schroedinger only half.
My poor home recorded stuff at https://yellingxoanon.bandcamp.com
tdfloyd View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdfloyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2018 at 20:32
Originally posted by octopus-4 octopus-4 wrote:

Gilmour should be thankful to Beck for having refused to join Pink Floyd..LOL

If Mason and Beck were in Floyd, PF would have had the best cars in rock until they quit and formed an exotic car garage.  LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply