Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How to get hold of the discography of Hands?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ImpressiveLad1597 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to get hold of the discography of Hands?
    Posted: December 17 2018 at 16:15
Howdy, first post here.

Out of obscure prog bands, one of my favourites is the Texas band "Hands", however it's pretty difficult to find much of their material. A couple of their albums are on youtube and their 2015 release "Caviar Bobsled" is on itunes, but that's basically it. I especially want to get hold of their 2008 album "Strangelet" as it has glowing reviews on the site.

Anyone know of an easy way to access their discography?
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2018 at 18:44
Greg Walker from synphonic carries a few of their releases. http://synphonicmusic.com/country/usa.html
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2018 at 19:03
Strangelet may cost you a pretty penny for a CD.....I've read only 100 or so were pressed. In this case I suspect you will find/get a burned copy.
Mascodagama View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mascodagama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2018 at 15:11
About 18 months ago the dude behind Shroom Records (or claiming to be him) popped up in a thread about Hands on the Progressive Ears forum. He said he can supply the whole Shroom back catalogue “in the form of custom made CD-R's featuring full artwork front, back, spines, and discs - housed in miniature gate fold album style cardboard jackets”. I have no idea how legit this is - if at all - but you could try the email he gave, [email protected] and see what the deal is.

Failing that, Discogs.

Edited by Mascodagama - December 18 2018 at 15:11
Soldato of the Pan Head Mafia. We'll make you an offer you can't listen to.
Bandcamp Profile
verslibre View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verslibre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2018 at 17:36
^Those CDr reissues are officially sanctioned, IIRC.
Raff View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2018 at 17:48
Strangelet and their latest effort, Caviar Bobsled, are both outstanding. I got both albums from a friend, who is also a friend and collaborator of the band, but I remember him telling me that Strangelet is very hard to find.
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2018 at 17:56
and both albums are f**king fantastic and worth the expense and effort to get

and oh btw.. god you are so hot...  what you doing later tonight?
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
ImpressiveLad1597 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ImpressiveLad1597 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2018 at 10:54
Thanks for the replies, think I'll try a couple of the sellers people mentioned, assuming stuff like strangelet is in stock. Shame it's so hard to find, wish they'd do a digital release like for Caviar Bobsled.
Jackal3000 View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal3000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2019 at 10:10
Someone posted the whole Strangelet album in a single continuous flac file on Usenet, which is kind of weird. I could put it on Dropbox for a while if you're interested. Let me know here, then we could exchange PMs (assuming PA has PMs - I'm never here that frequently, so don't know).

Edited by Jackal3000 - January 15 2019 at 10:24
 Post Reply Post Reply