1 [2.44%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HackettFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2019 at 09:14
Has anyone had Greek coffee? Now that's good. My mother makes that for me when I visit. I'll drink that grounds and all. Turkish coffee is supposed to be similar. We both insist on a little bit of Splenda in it. When available and when her back is turned, I may add a little bit of chocolate.
A curse upon the heads of those who seek their fortunes in a lie. The truth is always waiting when there's nothing left to try. - Colin Henson, Jade Warrior (Now)
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2019 at 09:35
Jeffro View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeffro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2019 at 11:43
I let some Friendly's Forbidden Chocolate ice cream melt and put that in my coffee yesterday. Big smile 
Daysbetween View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daysbetween Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2019 at 13:11
I prefer to use freshly ground beans and like my coffee very strong and black.
Polymorphia View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Polymorphia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2019 at 13:26
Originally posted by HackettFan HackettFan wrote:

Has anyone had Greek coffee? Now that's good. My mother makes that for me when I visit. I'll drink that grounds and all. Turkish coffee is supposed to be similar. We both insist on a little bit of Splenda in it. When available and when her back is turned, I may add a little bit of chocolate.
I've had Turkish coffee, not Greek. It was good, but I'm told there's much better than what I had.

My mom watches that show Blind Spot and there's a character in it who drinks thermoses of Turkish coffee. What an idiot.
verslibre View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verslibre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2019 at 14:06
Black and strong as Martian coke!
Odvin Draoi View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Odvin Draoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2019 at 15:32
Bitter black coffee all the way. Instant coffee, filter, Americano, Turkish coffee: all good. 
AZF View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AZF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2019 at 16:08
Was always a tea drinker until one day...

Had a job cleaning at some horse racing sh*t overnight. Not cleaning the horses, just the crap humans left behind. It was a three night gig.
Second night at 2 in the morning I was ready to drop. But then I noticed a colleague was wide awake at that time. What was his secret?
Then I noticed he was drinking black coffee. So that was my Damascus moment.
Next night, turned up huge flask of black coffee. Drank it all waiting for the others to turn up.
Insert Popeye spinach theme tune here etc*

Black and yeah some sugar. Not every day. But when jobs or tasks come my way, black coffee and everything is OK!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123