Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Welcome newbies!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hi, I'm Anders

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Anders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hi, I'm Anders
    Posted: January 17 2019 at 09:49
OK, so I didn't really notice this category before, but I think I better introduce myself.

My name is Anders, I'm Danish. Born 1983. Music has always been my main interest, and it is my main education as well (I have a masters degree in musicology).

My taste is very wide. I grew up with classical music mostly, but today I gues rock is what I listen to the most - especially art rock (whatever that is), but not only. In any case, I often like it a bit experimental, and modernist aesthetics is usually a hit with me. But I can enjoy straight forward pop and rock too, as well as singer/songwriter, some folk music from different parts of the world, and a bit of jazz, afrobeat, reggae...

From time to other I have made some music myself. Not exactly proggy, but not entirely straight forward either (sometimes there's an irregular bar and a surprising chord change). Lyrics in Danish, to the more poetic side.

Edited by The Anders - January 17 2019 at 09:50
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2019 at 15:33
Welcome, Anders, great to have you

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2019 at 17:41
great to see anyone from Denmark here..you should fit in here.. Dane's must be sweetest people you can imagine...  you'll fit in here.. we are bunch of sweeties here as well

I made my first jaunt into Copenhagen during the holidays and damned if i wasn't walking ignorantly right in the middle of one of those bike lanes... didn't get cussed out once... come on I'm a D.C'r here..  we shoot at people or run you off the road for merely doing only 10 over the speed limit.. 

no curses.. no brush backs..  they only kept clicking those cute ding's ding's at me as they swerved around me.... and it took stupid ol' ugly American the Big Mick forever to discover that it wasn't my cute ass, ior my stylish Italian shoes they were admiring.. but telling me politely.. 

oh so politely to get the hell out of their travel lane...

welcome to the site.. ding ding!!!!
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
Snicolette View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2019 at 18:39
Hello Anders,  I am also fairly new here and I, too, veer off into classical, folk/world/afrobeat music and singer/songwriters and a lot of psychedelic music.  You'll find lots of diversity in music and lots of great "conversations," here.
"Into every rain, a little life must fall." ~Tom Rapp
 Post Reply Post Reply