Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Welcome newbies!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hi All

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BurizuTheFox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hi All
    Posted: January 21 2019 at 12:22
I am Eduardo, I am 16 and I visit this site since 6 months. I started listening prog since I was 11, with Mike Oldfield, and I introduced myself more seriously to prog 2 years ago.

Here is my top 5:

Mike Oldfield
Genesis
Pink Floyd
Radiohead (for me is progressive but not prog)
Supertramp
Daysbetween View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daysbetween Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2019 at 13:04
Hi Eduardo and welcome to PA. Nice list of bands - perhaps you could try King Crimson & Yes next. Greetings from Scotland.
Snicolette View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2019 at 18:43
Hello Eduardo, I am fairly new here as well...You already have a wide range in taste for your age, congratulations!  I am a fan of a Galician band, Millidoiro, from your country, as well as a lot of progressive rock, obviously.  Welcome!
"Into every rain, a little life must fall." ~Tom Rapp
BurizuTheFox View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BurizuTheFox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2019 at 13:40
Thanks for wellcoming me. I heard In The Court Of The Crimson King (I enjoyed that), and I heard Fragile, Close To The Edge and Drama (I have the LP). I have to listen more of King Crimson, and Yes is one of my top 10 bands.
Argo2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Argo2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2019 at 14:36
Welcome Eduardo!. There is lots a great prog music to explore here and some very knowledgeable people to talk music with. Enjoy the forum!
Chaser View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Chaser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2019 at 14:56
Welcome Eduardo!  Age 15 - 16 was when I first got into prog, and it was the best choice I ever made

You're on the right path, so keep going, and enjoy the forum.
Songs cast a light on you
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2019 at 17:37
Originally posted by BurizuTheFox BurizuTheFox wrote:

I am Eduardo, I am 16 

awesome man... just awesome.  Welcome to the site.  Prog is awesome and I'm sure everyone will just want to tell you to check this out or check that out... but I'm not too old to remember being that age and remembering what is REALLY important so here is my advice...

prog chicks rule... find you one...

and avoid red headed country music lovers.. they'll ruin your life and steal your soul as a parting gift no matter how hot or freaky or insatiabe they might be. They are the devil..  LOLBeer

Edited by micky - January 22 2019 at 17:37
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2019 at 22:34
Pink Floyd was my favourite band when I was 16, and when I was 26.

Welcome Eduardo.

If you like Mike Oldfield's Exorcist theme, here are some tracks with similar qualities.

Death Note's "L's Theme" (Hideki Taniuchi and Yoshihisa Hirano).

"La Dawotsin" by Magma (Magma is a band everyone into prog should at least try, and has been used as something of an initiation for new members, or as a hazing ritual)

Tempera's "Sette Note in Nero" from Fulci's same named theme (soundtrack by Bixio Frizzi, Tempera).

"Hyouri" from the anime Happyakuyachou Hyouri Kewaishi (composer Kousaki Satoru)

Edited by Logan - January 22 2019 at 22:35
Just a fanboy passin' through.
VicRelayer View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VicRelayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2019 at 12:27
Aquí otro español, Eduardo. 
 Post Reply Post Reply