Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Unsigned Bands
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Zopp- UK Canterbury - Looking for mixing engineer
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Zopp- UK Canterbury - Looking for mixing engineer

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IGNEO1991 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Zopp- UK Canterbury - Looking for mixing engineer
    Posted: February 16 2019 at 13:19
Hello,

I'm an artist from the UK, currently under the name of 'Zopp'.

My music is a cross between instrumental Canterbury Scene (inspired by National Health/ Egg) and dark prog/jazz.

I have recorded an album and i am looking for someone to mix the record. 

Can you recommend any mixing engineers who understand this music, preferably in the UK or Europe? 

I am currently making a list of people in the prog world who would be interested and suitable. I am reluctant to go to the 'top dogs' i.e. Hackett and Wilson, as i'm not signed yet, but my budget is stable shall we say.

For example, i hear Dave Lawson ex-Greenslade still operates a studio; he's on my list.

You can listen to two demos here >> https://zopp.bandcamp.com/

Any help and tips on finding a suitable mixing engineer appreciated!

Edited by IGNEO1991 - February 16 2019 at 14:00
jayem View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jayem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2019 at 16:02
Hello, yes Zopp deserves the best treatment ! 

I guess you'll focus on the the bands that produce the sound you find best worked out, then, provided those band's orchestration is similar to Zopp's, you'll go for the info on who shaped their sound & with which gear.

Your post will probably get more attention there
At least Manchester based DaveSax1965 regularly shows interest in engineering challenges !

Best luck, I'll take some time for a careful listen and give a feedback if it can be of any help,

JM
IGNEO1991 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IGNEO1991 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2019 at 16:20
Haha Thanks JM!

Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2019 at 23:16
I’m listening again. Can’t get enough !! This work captures the true essence of ‘Canterbury’ IMO.
That glorious Fuzz Organ is missing in lots of modern Canterbury sounding bands. Magic Bus do a great job of it, and now Zopp !! Great stuff Ryan
IGNEO1991 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IGNEO1991 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2019 at 15:24
Thank you so much Tom! I can’t wait to share the rest of material once it’s mixed and mastered; plenty of fuzz organ and bass.. I’ll be sure to post on this thread again when the album is ready. I don’t know Magic Bus- will have to check them out.
 Post Reply Post Reply