Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Welcome artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Happy to hear comments about my music

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Happy to hear comments about my music
    Posted: February 27 2019 at 04:56
Acrolith View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Acrolith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2019 at 21:02
Sounds good. Atmospheric.Smile
Saperlipopette! View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saperlipopette! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2019 at 01:38
All your tunes shows promise and talent with interesting melody lines and some nice guitarplaying. I'm guessing you're quite young but the most important stuff is there already. It still sounds very rough and unfinished though - like demos or drafts for something that can become really great if you get yourself some decent recording facilities and well... bandmembers. Yeah I do hope the best of these will get re-recorded at some point.

The visuals are kind of beyond awful I think. Hope I'm not offending anyone by stating that. I would never check out music that presented itself like... I don't know what its supposed to communicate. So over morning coffee I figured I try to improve it a little. I thought of a cinema or theater with "bandlogo" and title featured on the screen - something open to just about any sound and not too telling (and where the song-title can be easily replaced). But I guess the theater I went for has you expecting either pompous neo folk or grand orchestal music for some epic sword and sandal movie... rather than your music. Haha don't know how I ended up here 'cause I had something quite different in mind, but I'd still rather check out someting that presents itself like this, so I'll post it here anyway:

Bte: what is the language sung in the one tune with vocals (this song)?
Neron View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2019 at 03:54
Thank you very much both Acrolith and Saperlipopette.
In fact I'm not that young :) I'm in my late 40's but not a pro musician.
Apart from composing my materials, I play all instruments but with varying level of competence.
Yes, I do record in a home studio (Boss, 16 tracks) and intending to continue it as a solo project.
The song's language is Hebrew (sung by my daughter).
I'm very surprised with the time spent on your logo design; looks quite impressive.
I don't give such importance to the logo and rather let the music speak but who knows, I might be naive :(
Again, much appreciated. 
Saperlipopette! View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saperlipopette! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2019 at 06:13
^I didn't take more than a quarter-twenty minutes. Mostly a little cut and paste of a nice photo I already had lying on my desktop + some filters and a free font. But thanks anyway! Feel free to use if you'd like (but don't feel like you should or have to because some random stranger threw it together).

...for some reason I thought the one singing was the same person as the one who made the music and i wasn't sure wether it was male or female. I enjoyed the singing though.

I guess I do think its maybe a little naive to the let music speaks for itself. That may work if you already have an audience. But to let the music speak you need to get people to listen in the first place.
Neron View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2019 at 21:02
Okay, thanks again for everything. I'll pass your complement to my daughter.
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2019 at 21:29
Listening to the music, sounds rather unfinished but I like it, including the roughness. The vocals sound definitely female to me. When she's singing I'm reminded a bit of Pascale Son of Cos.

As for art, it's minimalist, but speaking as a non-artist, I like it (I would change the font and change the white background to a creamier or more yellowish colour perhaps).
Just a fanboy passin' through.
 Post Reply Post Reply