Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Vivaldi vs Bach vs Händel

Post Reply Post Reply
Poll Question: Which of the leading names of Baroque is favourite.
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
3 [20.00%]
10 [66.67%]
2 [13.33%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vivaldi vs Bach vs Händel
    Posted: March 11 2019 at 12:28
Three grand names of baroqan composers whom were early in developing western music.

I am certain Bach will dominate ass he has a certain gravitas. But the other two are not lightweights either. Masters of their craft.

Vivaldi influenced Bach and Bach influenced Händel. Bach influenced and did much for the complexities of music, but how complex was Vivaldi or Händel. Ive heard that Vivaldis violin work is becouse of hea virtous ability are very hard/techkically very hard to play.
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2019 at 12:35
JS Bach
Saperlipopette! View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saperlipopette! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2019 at 12:41
I know Bach is considered the biggest musical genius of all time - and its understadable... but after delving deep into Vivaldis less known works (which is most really) - he has become the baroque composer closest to my heart.
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2019 at 13:27
Hi,

Vivaldi for me ... somehow, the other two are a bit too mechanical for my visualization of the music. I can flow much better to Vivaldi.
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr wu23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2019 at 11:59
Like all 3 and have music by all of them.....but went with Bach because I love his Brandenburg Concertos...one of my all time favorite classical pieces.
One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin
The Anders View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Anders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2019 at 14:57
That's an easy one: Bach. He has written some of the most elaborate music I can think of.

As for Händel: I know there are some good things by him, but it has never really been me. Especially not Fireworks Music and things like that.

Vivaldi I have always found boring. I once played in a youth string orchestra, and we had to go through dozens of concerti grossi by Vivaldi and Telemann. They all sounded the same, and they were very predictable.
The Dark Elf View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dark Elf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2019 at 17:29
Love Vivaldi, but Bach was far more prolific with a wider array of great works.
...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
to take the place of the mud shark in your mythology...
jamesbaldwin View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamesbaldwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2019 at 14:27
Bach but I love The Four Seasons more than any Bach opera.

Edited by jamesbaldwin - March 13 2019 at 14:27
"Happiness is real only when shared"
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2019 at 14:44
BAch 
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr wu23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2019 at 11:43
Originally posted by jamesbaldwin jamesbaldwin wrote:

Bach but I love The Four Seasons more than any Bach opera.

Bach did not technically write any operas though some have said a few of his other works like the cantatas were too 'operatic'.
One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin
Fischman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fischman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2019 at 06:22
Bach. Period. THE baroque master and easily one of the top three musical minds in history.
 Post Reply Post Reply