Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Top 10s and lists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Favorite prog album, Least favorite song.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Error Code 864G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2023 at 22:51
In the court of the crimson king - Moonchild

I like the song, but those 8 minutes at the end can start to get annoying
A Human Being, Existing.
essexboyinwales View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote essexboyinwales Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2023 at 00:44
The Human Equation - Day 12: Trauma

The only track on the album that drags a little. But it’s pretty much a flawless album….
Heaven is waiting but waiting is Hell
BrufordFreak View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrufordFreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2023 at 04:42
The Lamb; "The Cage" has always been, for me, the only song I find hard to palate. It drags on so long.

I've always LOVED "Moonchild," "The Overload," "Karn Evil," and "More Fool Me" but could also do without "Epping Forest," "Providence," "Money," "City of Love," and "Have a Cigar."

Drew Fisher
https://progisaliveandwell.blogspot.com/
BrufordFreak View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrufordFreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2023 at 04:45
Originally posted by BaldFriede BaldFriede wrote:

My choice for favourite album is probably not shared by anyone here (except for Jean), but when you watch your little four year old kids enjoying an album that much because of the fairy tales told to them by the voice and the music it becomes your favourite one. It is a mother thing.

I totally understand your mother thing. I had the same experience with Jon Anderson's Change We Must album: my daughters were about 6 & 5 when I discovered it. I'll never forget coming in from outdoor chores to find them enrapt in it: the eldest reading the lyrics booklet while the youngest danced her ballet to each and every song. They must have had that disc on repeat for several days. It was beautiful.

Drew Fisher
https://progisaliveandwell.blogspot.com/
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345