Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > Get The Word Out
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Time and Emotions in the Natural World

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OUt iNK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Time and Emotions in the Natural World
    Posted: April 22 2019 at 03:17
Prog people, here is a link to an album OUt iNK released last November. This is merely a sharing of sounds rather than an ad for sales! It would be great to get some feedback from like-minded folk. Our sound is pretty wide-ranging... and hard to pin down. For fans of (I guess), early 70's British jazz/rock...

https://outink.bandcamp.com/album/time-and-emotions-in-the-natural-world

Cheers!
Chaser View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chaser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2019 at 05:29
Hi OUt iNK!

I listened to the first track only. It sounds very Soft Machine or maybe a bit Hatfield and the North.

I like the opening guitar riff. It's strong, but I would have liked to see it developed further.

It feels like the track tries to develop on the riff, but then gives up and goes off in other directions.

I think if that riff had been set as the central theme of the piece and the musical explorations had been built around it then it could have been a strong piece.

As it is I think the track loses focus and direction after that initial intro.

The change at 10.42 is very well done though and brings the track a bit more into focus.

It feels like a track with potential that needs further development and more cohesion but there are definitely some nice ideas here.
Songs cast a light on you
OUt iNK View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OUt iNK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2019 at 04:42
Thanks for the feedback! I know what you are saying about the track, but being our music the idea wasn't to elaborate on the initial riff... I wouldn't disagree with your opinions though as that's purely subjective. Others have heard Soft Machine and Hatfield (also Henry Cow) in our music too, so there's a constant somewhere! I'd say if you have time listen on, the album changes a lot (try Watusi World). If not, no worries.
Again, thanks for the feedback...
Lee/OUt iNK
 Post Reply Post Reply