Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A NYC Prog Band with a Debut Album and Videos

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kenner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A NYC Prog Band with a Debut Album and Videos
    Posted: May 25 2019 at 09:26
Dear Friends at Prog Archives. 

It's an honor to join this community. I've known this website since I was a kid :) 

I'd like to share with everyone an album that I've worked on for years, which just came out a couple of days ago! This album is called 8Ball City and it's a concept album, with many influences - the main ones being GG, Yes, ELP and tons of Jazz and Classical. 

album cover by Chritsopher Morschler

Please enjoy these two music videos:

Thank you very much,
If interested, you could listen/purchase the album here:

AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2019 at 09:58
Sounds good. At first I thought maybe it was too Gentle Giantish for my taste(not that I don't like GG because I do but I tend to not like bands who sound too close to the band(or bands)they are influenced by. While the keys in particular do sound very GGish as I listened it became clear you are your own band and are doing your own thing despite some passing similarities which you could say about a lot of bands. Also, interesting that you seem to be entirely instrumental. Instrumental bands often tend to end up sounding like fusion but while you guys might have a little bit of that it is clearly pure prog imo. Good stuff though and good luck. 

Edited by AFlowerKingCrimson - May 25 2019 at 10:05
 Post Reply Post Reply