Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

women's soccer world championship

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jaketejas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2019 at 10:15
There are still a lot of folks in the USA who don't watch what we call soccer, and the rest of the world calls Football. I think it is gaining some traction with the younger generation. It is a very popular sport amongst high school girls, and the mums who drive their daughters across the state to matches are referred to as soccer moms. I have one foot in the USA and one foot in Europe. I find it somewhat amusing when my family members in Europe are going absolutely nuts over matches (texting like crazy), while my family members in the USA do not even know it's on the telly.
King of Loss View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King of Loss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2019 at 19:08
England vs US tomorrow! Who thinks this will decide the winner of the whole thing? I think the US will win, but England will put up a good fight.
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2019 at 19:21
I think Sweden may have a thing or two to say about premature coronations... extremely impressive against the Playboy.. I mean German team (God I love German women)...  though at least the US if they make it to the final and face them.. they won't overlook them.  Some payback will be wanted..

while the US is king... it ain't like men's basketball..  the US can and has lost.. the world ain't that far behind us. 
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2019 at 01:53
Should be a good game tonight. It has garnered quite a lot of interest in the UK, and I have especially enjoyed it, which has come as a pleasant surprise.

C'mon England!
Enhance your life. Get down to www.lazland.org
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King of Loss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2019 at 14:59
I'm not shocked by today's result. England had a chance, but they blew it. Terrible penalty by Houghton gave the win to the US. Let's see if either of the Netherlands or Sweden can beat the US team from repeating again!
Jaketejas View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jaketejas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2019 at 15:13
Yep. They move on like a Tarkus juggernaut ... and yet few people in the US even know it.
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King of Loss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2019 at 15:28
US vs the Netherlands tomorrow! Should be a cracker. Also, those who follow football, Brazil vs Peru as well along with US vs Mexico!
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2019 at 17:26
I'm not normally a flag waver.. only when we are underdogs I suppose but hoping they win it all just so Rapinoe and Sue Bird can get further under Trump's very thin skin.
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King of Loss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2019 at 10:59
^ Then you should be happy. Megan Rapinoe won the Womens World cup, along with the Golden Boot and the Golden Ball. Take that, Drumpf!
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2019 at 12:41
oh very happy....for them more and what they represent...  rather than for any f**king pithy jingoistic nationalistic sentiments..  at least until one saw later that true patriotism is still alive and well LOL

Sean Trane View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Prog Folk

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sean Trane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2019 at 02:36
Watched whenever I had time, but TBH, I'm getting tired of constant exposition to football-soccer, so I'm not sure I will ever make space for women's sports - not that I make much space in my life for men's sports anyways - outside cycling, that is

A few positives:

- the best team won, no discussions about itClap (not the case with men last year in France, Belgium was the best)
- play quality was high and drama levels low Thumbs Up and with no-one systematically flattening the grass for 20 minutes per Brazilian gamesDead, it was more fun to watch.
- Prefer to see/watch women running after a ball than men Heart- the pleasure of the eyes - and I'm glad to see that they're wearing shorts instead of those ugly Bermuda trousers... maybe next time mini-skirts like in Tennis?? PigLOL
- anyone who tells Trump to f**k off  is cool in my book, unless he's North Korean.  Now if the US team wants to tell Bo Jo the Clown to f**k off, be my guest. LOL

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123