Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pan for eclectic prog

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Collaborator
Collaborator
Neo / PSIKE / Heavy Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote earlyprog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pan for eclectic prog
    Posted: June 15 2019 at 12:34
This band has been suggested before (http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=86727&KW=pan) - and by myself also- but it eludes me why this is not accepted for PA inclusion.

The band has resided in the ART ProgArchives Genre Chart for years (a decade?!) without a conclusion, hence this plead for eclectic prog assessment to get things moving.

In doing so, please keep another eclectic band in mind that is reminiscent of PAN, namely FAMILY, to understand why this 'between chairs'-band belongs to PA.

Please, reject once and for all or listen to the eclectic prog value of this band, but do not keep this great band in limbo for decades!

Robert Lelievre even sings like Roger Chapman.

(I will be posting Youtube videos in support of PAN's PA inclusion subsequently...)

Edited by earlyprog - June 16 2019 at 05:08
Jaketejas View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jaketejas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2019 at 16:32
What's weird is that it doesn't look like any new eclectic prog bands have been added for many years. Am I correct about that?
Nogbad_The_Bad View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl & Eclectic Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nogbad_The_Bad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2019 at 17:28
Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on Progrock.com

https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-avant-jazzcore-happy-hour/
Jaketejas View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jaketejas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2019 at 21:55
Thank you for the clarification. I was basing that on data from the Progfreak site. I'm still confused about the entire process actually.
Jaketejas View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jaketejas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2019 at 22:12
I must be interpreting data from the site wrong. My apologies. I was scrolling through the list of new artists there and the list took me back to the 2000s before I saw an eclectic prog entry. It makes me feel better that the eclectic prog team is active, because that is my favorite genre. Thanks.
Nogbad_The_Bad View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl & Eclectic Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Nogbad_The_Bad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2019 at 07:00
Originally posted by Jaketejas Jaketejas wrote:

Thank you for the clarification. I was basing that on data from the Progfreak site. I'm still confused about the entire process actually.

Eclectic aren't on Progfreak, we do our evaluations via an online spreadsheet :)
Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on Progrock.com

https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-avant-jazzcore-happy-hour/
Jaketejas View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jaketejas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2019 at 09:21
Spreadsheets! That's a great way to do it. Thanks for letting us know.
siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
PSIKE, JRF/Canterbury, P Metal, Eclectic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2019 at 09:27
Originally posted by Nogbad_The_Bad Nogbad_The_Bad wrote:

Originally posted by Jaketejas Jaketejas wrote:

Eclectic aren't on Progfreak, we do our evaluations via an online spreadsheet :)

Why don't we do progfreak? It makes it more apparent to everyone so we don't get suggestions that we've already evaluated as well as automatically keeping the list updated.

https://rateyourmusic.com/~siLLy_puPPy
earlyprog View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Neo / PSIKE / Heavy Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote earlyprog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2019 at 11:05
^Agreed, siLLy puPPy. 

Does anyone have any clue what happened to this band, PAN, in the evaluation process?

Here's a track with the usual Traffic and Familiy traits:

Tapfret View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tapfret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2019 at 12:51
What I see is that they were rejected with no move by the Heavy Prog team 6 years ago. Without any new material, their decision will be respected.

I found the full album on youtube and personally hear them as psychedelic rock in the vein of early Guess Who. There are hints there, but it definitely wouldn't be eclectic. If it was 2-3 years earlier I would argue for proto-prog. 

I dig this one:

Edited by Tapfret - June 21 2019 at 12:57
 Post Reply Post Reply