Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > I Have A Question For You......?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What does Ladder group mean in the profiles?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What does Ladder group mean in the profiles?
    Posted: June 16 2019 at 12:00
It says "ladder group" then for mine it says "primary ladder group." What the heck does that mean?
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2019 at 18:45
Ladder groups is a feature and part of the Web Wiz forum architecture/ software, although other forums also use them.

"Ladder Groups are can be used to allow Forum Members to move up Groups by the number of points they receive in forums" (WebWiz forums).

It can relate to status and permissions, but here all members at the forum are of the Primary Ladder Group, and it's the only Ladder group that we've set up.
Just a fanboy passin' through.
patrickq View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patrickq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2019 at 19:44
Originally posted by Logan Logan wrote:

It can relate to status and permissions, but here all members at the forum are of the Primary Ladder Group, and it's the only Ladder group that we've set up.
How egalitarian!
(Actually I had the exact same question)

Edited by patrickq - June 16 2019 at 19:44
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2019 at 13:45
^ I think it's down to laziness. This site is pretty egalitarian in a sense, it's the site owner at the top, and all others are the plebs.
TenYearsAfter View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TenYearsAfter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2019 at 14:28
I am even more plebs, written hundreds of reviews as TenYearsAfter, and still no official prog reviewer ….
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2019 at 14:54
Originally posted by TenYearsAfter TenYearsAfter wrote:

I am even more plebs, written hundreds of reviews as TenYearsAfter, and still no official prog reviewer ….

Well, a problem is that your old erik neuteboom account is still active and still has Prog Reviewer status, and you wrote a great many reviews under that account. We'd have to make sure that as a user both accounts have not reviewed/ rated the same albums twice (and you do have reviews for many of the same albums it seems). Because collabs have a ten times weighting, and no user should be rating/ reviewing the same album twice, we'd probably want to deactivate your old account and remove all of your old reviews before considering upgrading you status for this account. It becomes more complicated when people re-register.
TenYearsAfter View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TenYearsAfter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2019 at 16:15
Originally posted by Logan Logan wrote:

Originally posted by TenYearsAfter TenYearsAfter wrote:

Well, a problem is that your old erik neuteboom account is still active and still has Prog Reviewer status, and you wrote a great many reviews under that account. We'd have to make sure that as a user both accounts have not reviewed/ rated the same albums twice (and you do have reviews for many of the same albums it seems). Because collabs have a ten times weighting, and no user should be rating/ reviewing the same album twice, we'd probably want to deactivate your old account and remove all of your old reviews before considering upgrading you status for this account. It becomes more complicated when people re-register.

It was a very personal choice to return to PA as TYA, and not with my real name. I had not expected to write about bands that I wrote about in the past (2004-2008), but I did because I wanted a fresh, more extensive update, and inform new progheads. I know that many progheads still rely on my reviews written under my real name. So it's OK to me, I was only curious, thanks for your reply Logan. By the way, I am really Old School on PA, not many started on PA in 2004 ….

Edited by TenYearsAfter - June 23 2019 at 16:16
 Post Reply Post Reply