Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > Get The Word Out
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HAWKWIND Supergroup HAWKESTREL

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glassonyonpr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HAWKWIND Supergroup HAWKESTREL
    Posted: August 02 2019 at 13:58
ALAN DAVEY Forms The First HAWKWIND Supergroup HAWKESTREL, Releases New Album THE FUTURE IS US Featuring 9 HAWKWIND Alumni Plus Special Guest WILLIAM SHATNER!

Los Angeles, CA - DO NOT PANIC, Hawkwind fans! Alan Davey, the former bass player of that legendary UK rock band, has put together an incredible project involving no less than 9 members of the Hawkwind family including co-founder Nik Turner, original bassist Lemmy Kilmister, drummer Ginger Baker, violinist Simon House, original guitarist Huw Lloyd-Langton, Paul Rudolph, Mick Slattery, and Bridget Wishart. It’s an epic undertaking worthy of the band that united these accomplished musicians, and continues to gain new followers with every new generation of music lovers.

The album is called The Future Is Us and it features brand new compositions alongside several re-workings of Alan Davey’s solo songs plus a very special new version of the spoken-word Hawkwind classic “Sonic Attack” with the Captain himself, William Shatner!

Davey shares his thoughts on the project, saying “It has been so much fun making this album with my ex-Hawkwind friends. This is what the fans have wanted from us ex-Hawks for some time and now it’s here! Cleopatra suggested the idea and then gave me free reign to contact everyone, write the songs, mix and produce the whole project. The ex-Hawks and William Shatner all did exceptional performances for the album as they always did. It’s been a real honour for me to work with them all again and end up with a great, historically important album which has reminded me what great musicians we all are! Bravo everyone and huge thanx to all at Cleopatra!!”

The Future Is Us will be available everywhere August 9 on both CD in an attractive digipak as well as on a special limited edition BLUE vinyl 2LP set in a gatefold jacket.

Track List:
1. Do What You Need To Do
2. World For Fear
3. Sea Of Sand
4. Nyx Of Khaos
5. The Future Is Us
6. Sonic Attack
7. 12 String Shuffle
8. May Sun
9. Goodbye Death Valley
10. Free Like Us
11. Old Dinah
12. Hawkestrel
13. Bad Boys For Life (2019 AD Version)

Buy the CD here: https://cleorecs.com/store/shop/hawkestrel-the-future-is-us-cd/
Buy the vinyl here: https://cleorecs.com/store/shop/hawkestrel-the-future-is-us-limited-edition-blue-vinyl/
Buy the digital here: https://orcd.co/hawkestrelthefutureisus

Press inquiries: 
Glass Onyon PR
Billy James
PH: 828-350-8158

Cleopatra Classic Logo 2 med  res.jpg
CLEOPATRA RECORDS, Inc.
11041 Santa Monica Blvd #703
Los Angeles CA 90025
www.CleopatraRecords.com

Follow PURPLE PYRAMID  @ 
Facebook  |  Instagram  | Twitter | Youtube | Purple Pyramid Store 
Facebook @PurplePyramidRecords
https://www.facebook.com/PurplePyramidRecords/
Instagram @Purple.pyramid
https://www.instagram.com/purple.pyramid/
Twitter @PurplePyramid1
https://twitter.com/PurplePyramid1
Youtube @ Purple Pyramid
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwiCec6bS6mX3c7dpitfYRQ
Purple Pyramid Store @
https://cleorecs.com/store/product-category/record-label/purple-pyramid/
BaldJean View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaldJean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2019 at 17:48
my, my - a Hawkwind album without Dave Brock. and how was Huw Lloyd-Langton resurrected for this?

A shot of me as High Priestess of Gaia during our fall festival. Ceterum censeo principiis obsta
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2019 at 18:55
Originally posted by BaldJean BaldJean wrote:

my, my - a Hawkwind album without Dave Brock. and how was Huw Lloyd-Langton resurrected for this?

Or Lemmy!

Weird ... Ginger Baker? Who's on record saying that this was the worst rock'n'roll band in the world? And a drummer who can't drum unless he gets paid a million for one night? And be stoned senseless I imagine!

I don't know about this at all ... but this could be (maybe!) another version of Nik's Space Pissual!

Edited by moshkito - August 16 2019 at 18:57
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
Davesax1965 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davesax1965 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2019 at 09:27
It's still utterly dreadful. 

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davesax1965 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2019 at 06:00
I think this is unfortunately sad evidence that Hawkwind will just go on and on and on in various guises, even though they've not released anything remotely decent for decades. 

TheH View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2019 at 10:02
Another one of those pecuilar "We are the real Hawkwind" Projects.

Nik did serval of those, now Alan does that too.

The fact that several guys on this Album are under the Earth for years is somewhat
frightening... 
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davesax1965 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2019 at 06:10
Dave Brock was 77 last birthday. The last album was produced by Mike Batt (of "Wombles" infamy). It was cringingly bad. 

In my opinion, tastes vary, Hawkwind haven't produced a decent album since about 1976. I have the awful feeling that we're seeing the future here, there will be splinter groups and spin offs endlessly rehashing old material. I am in no way a fan of modern Hawkwind, but a massive fan of the old stuff. In fact, I'd go as far as to say that Hawkwind have actually stagnated and limited the UK space rock scene, compared to other countries. They should have given up a long, long time ago. In my opinion, of course. 

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davesax1965 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2019 at 06:12
When Ginger Baker was sacked, the task fell to Harvey Bainbridge. Some wag commented that "the best drummer in the world was sacked by the worst bassist in the world." 

Blacksword View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blacksword Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2019 at 06:31
^^^ Baker was an overrated drummer IMO, and a complete arsehole by all accounts. That said, Levitation was an excellent album.

I'm not a huge fan of modern Hawkwind either, but I think they were still putting out ok albums up until around 'It is the business of the future to be dangerous' Chronicle of the Black Sword and Xenon Codex were pretty good.

I would have liked to hear them evolve into something completely different beyond the 80's; a complete transformation in the same way that Radiohead evolved from The Bends to Amnesiac; beyond all recognition.

Ultimately bored by endless ecstasy!
BaldJean View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaldJean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2019 at 14:17
Originally posted by Davesax1965 Davesax1965 wrote:

Dave Brock was 77 last birthday. The last album was produced by Mike Batt (of "Wombles" infamy). It was cringingly bad. 

In my opinion, tastes vary, Hawkwind haven't produced a decent album since about 1976. I have the awful feeling that we're seeing the future here, there will be splinter groups and spin offs endlessly rehashing old material. I am in no way a fan of modern Hawkwind, but a massive fan of the old stuff. In fact, I'd go as far as to say that Hawkwind have actually stagnated and limited the UK space rock scene, compared to other countries. They should have given up a long, long time ago. In my opinion, of course. 

Hawkwind definitely made some great albums after 1976. "Quark, Strangeness and Charm", "PXR 5", "Levitation", "Sonic Attack", "Choose Your Masques", "The Chronicle of the Black Sword", "Electric Teepee", "Space Bandits", "Alien 4" and "Into the Woods" are in my opinion all excellent. they definitely had some flops too, like for example "It is the Business of the Future to be Dangerous" (though I have to admit that when listening to it in the Hawkwind marathon that Friede and I did lately it was much better than I had remembered it and I even kind of liked it), "Distant Horizons" or "In Your Area" (this one is really bad). but of course tastes differ

Edited by BaldJean - August 21 2019 at 15:25

A shot of me as High Priestess of Gaia during our fall festival. Ceterum censeo principiis obsta
Blacksword View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blacksword Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2019 at 04:54
I think it's incredible that Brock still records and tours at age 77. That is to be applauded.
Ultimately bored by endless ecstasy!
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davesax1965 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2019 at 06:36
It's more the money than the music with Mr Brock. 

rocko View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2019 at 07:24
I suppose they found a cassette with old recordings in a dusty attic in a rotten chest in the back corner and are re-using that ... maybe you can hear Lemmy gulping down a bottle of Whisky as well, guess that makes a nice sample to use ...
<sarcasticmode off>

Edited by rocko - August 22 2019 at 07:24
 Post Reply Post Reply